My Micra Passed it's MOT...

HI all,

I know that my Micra hasn't been long in my ownership but i knew that the dreaded MOT was due at the end of November, so allowing that you can test it a month before the due date, I spent a day checking underneath the car, and was amazed how clean it was, but i still painted some Waxoyl underseal all over to protect it. Even the sills were immaculate with not a spot of the dreaded corrosion.. I thought to myself that for a 16 year old Micra it was very clean. So i got on to my local MOT testing Station and booked it in.. I stayed with it, until the end and was produced with a No advisories, no faults Years MOT certificate.. I was very happy.. Even the tester commented on the car saying how clean it was and asked if the Mileage was Genuine at 34,000 miles and l said yes with all Genuine Nissan Service History to prove.

Congratulations! Hold onto that one and it may become one of the 'survivors'.
Any photos of the wee beastie?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hi Mike

Thank you for the message, here is a pic of my wee beastie

IMG-20161017-00010.jpg

Looking at the MOT history the garage where it used to go for MOT's was certainly flipping keen given all the advisories the car racked up.

Looking at the MOT history the garage where it used to go for MOT's was certainly flipping keen given all the advisories the car racked up.

Excess MOT Advisories Goldmine?

Perhaps human nature taking advantage based on their professional safety MOT advisory opinions to browbeat the customer into unnecessary repairs in order to maximise their income and profits to meet sales commission targets or even more profitably to sell them another vehicle?

Excess MOT Advisories Goldmine?

Perhaps human nature taking advantage based on their professional safety MOT advisory opinions to browbeat the customer into unnecessary repairs in order to maximise their income and profits to meet sales commission targets or even more profitably to sell them another vehicle?

My exact Opinion also, many garages especially these who do cut price MOT's, try and con the owner in thinking that there is work to be done just to make themselves more money..

My exact Opinion also, many garages especially these who do cut price MOT's, try and con the owner in thinking that there is work to be done just to make themselves more money..

You and I both may have the advantage of cynicism resulting from many years practical motoring experience being on the receiving end of being browbeaten by the national free fit groups and numerous MOT test garages??

With such places I take advantage of the free marketing sucker come ons safety brake, exhaust and suspension checks and then get them to show me on the ramp the so-called safety issues that they have found in order help make my own DIY diagnosis and do my own repairs if I deem any necessary. My difficulty is keeping a straight face while listening to the fitters BS.

In this way, their avaricious practices can be taken advantage of by cost conscious customers with their own ideas to control and optimise overall maintenance costs.

Yup....we have a garage here that is like that,
My car failed every year on some stupid little thing, then got his re-test fee (!)
Changed garages, good as gold, anything needs doing just get it done buddy.....and no re-test fee.

It really is a timeless shape isn't it? It sort of reminds me of old type Mini's & Morris Minors - an old car but because it's not fussy or overstyled (as were so many others at the time & since) it hasn't somehow dated ;) :)

That's one nice Micra.
I have a sunroof model and again last MOT in Sept it was a lot of welding. Though I love my K11!

Back