Motronic ECU + Janspeed Manifold

just a side OT comment about lambda sensors, i had some problems with mine recently, so i removed it, and bunged the hole, i then wrote a map more emission friendly, uploaded it and sent it on the way to the MOT station.

the car passed, well in its limits, pehaps calls into effectiveness the lambda sensor, or shows how well the two catalytic convertors work!

ed, you have any similiar experiences?

How did you get the lambda reading to be between whatever it has to be though Pete?

the lambda reading is the a/f ratio at the exhaust is far as i know, it was obviously steady enough

But it has to be between two numbers - mine failed for it last time, IIRC they are 0.7 and 1.3, if it is not getting just air, then would it not read 0?

Interesting, I'd like to see the results if you have the time to post them up, did you read my PM?
Craig

no problem, i'll scan them tomorrow and post them.

for info (got my missus to read my sheet)

lambda = 0.970, between 1.030 - 0.993

idle co = 0.01, between 0.00 - 0.3

i can scan up my sheet if required

Yeah i did something similar, i removed the lamba sensor and installed a pre-facelift front cat (the small one(so only had one cat in total)) and it cleared the emissions well within the limits.

was thinkin that it looks like it would connect between ur o2 sensor signal return wire so that means you would need a o2 sensor plugged in huh? if so means drilling hole n finding a nut to fit but if you get one rich let me know am interested in one (txt me or something)

but just something outta interest i wanted to c what my a/f ratio was n o2 values blah blah but with my car with janspeed n exhaust... well it passed a idle o2 test below the 0.03 took while ish but went below n stayed but rev it n it gives bout 6 which is the typical without cat value lol

a/f value was bout 15 something which is just tiny bit higher than the 14 stotic value or what it is revving it gave peak bout 17 so bit richer this is with second o2sensor disconnected n tested on a mot gas analyser...but being rich is better than lean isnt it...

lol i will let u know but i need the janspeed and to find out how to fit one, plus my aircon removed first ;) i think rich is better then lean lol

no problem, i'll scan them tomorrow and post them.

for info (got my missus to read my sheet)

lambda = 0.970, between 1.030 - 0.993

idle co = 0.01, between 0.00 - 0.3

i can scan up my sheet if required

That's interesting stuff, did you just cable tie the lamdba out of the way or remove it completely?

I'm always interested in have a look at stuff so if you remember it then I wouldn't mind having a look at it.

Back