Leaky Sunroof

Hi, I've just bought a 2002 1.4se with a leaky sunroof...Which I've just found out in the rain!!! I know this is a common problem of the K11 micras, as I previously owned one for 11 years, but was lucky that I never had any problems with that one!...Has anyone just got rid of the sunroof and had it welded shut to stop the problems? If so, how much was it to have done?

Hi, thanks for your reply...There's definitely a gap at the front of the sunroof, as I noticed a rust patch about 3 inches long on the inside and the seal is raised on top...I'll take some pics.

This is the outside.

Attachments

• 20181102_094152.jpg
    20181102_094152.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
Yeah the seal on the glass is leaking, it's bonded to the glass /frame looking at the rust it may just want replacing ,people have re sealed ones that have rust and they leak later , the outer seal that seals to the car isn't water and suppose to leak a little into the drains (so good to do the front drains, and rear if it's a 3Dr
About £20 for a sunroof glass, at either side of the sun roof there's a little plastic trim , they pop off and there's two star drive bolts on either side , those hold the glass in place

Cheers nissan boy, will look for a new sunroof then, as apart from that, it's a cracking little car! It's a 5 door model. I've always loved the K11 micras! The experience I've had with them has been fab! My first car was a K10 and got written off by a foreign lorry driver on the M25 when they didn't see my Dad (who'd borrowed it) in their blind spot! My Dad didn't have a scratch on him!!...Then I had my first K11, an L reg for 11 years, with 11,000 miles on the clock and never one problem!!...I then went to the dark side and got a Renault!! Biggest mistake of my life!!!!lol Never again!!...So, had to come back to a trusty K11!! ?

Lol, a while back I had a late 99 clio 2 and my micra, the clio was the slowest pile ever, 1.2 as well haha, tho it has over 2k worth of paper work, and still broke
Yeah but check for rust, boot floor, inner arches, fuel neck, inner outer sills, front crewmember , front of the footwell just a few normal places they go ,and been a 1.4 make sure to keep the service up, 9k or 12Months, 10/40 semi,
Micra Facebook pages are easy to get,

Thanks for the advice...Being a typical woman, I'm not really into getting my hands dirty with mechanical stuff and don't really understand it all tbh, but I'll get my other half to have a look! He looked round it and underneath when we bought it and everything was fine! I'll definitely go and look for some FB pages though ?

Back