Lambo doors!?!?!?!?!

R

rustywilliams

Just a quicky, has any1 ever thought of or even actually done it? lambo door hinges on a micra??? i was just watchin pimp my ride (sad i no) but i saw them fit the lambo style doors to a toyota celica. iv had a look on the net and iv found sites claiming to be able give advice to be able fit them to any car for UNDER £200!!! Any ideas guys or is it just a bite the bullet thing and see how it goes???
hope to here from u soon, in the meantime keep pimpin n spreadin da good rep of the micra!!!!!
Lee

I know titch was looking into it for his K11, but not sure how far he got with it.

the problem with the k11 and probably the k10 is that there isn't enough room in the wing for the mechanism.

I've seen these up close on an MG and the mechanism is suprisingly large, and I'm 99.9% sure it will NOT fit in the wing of a K11

Im concidering it..

Its a very dramatic visual change to a car, like wide arches.., Being a matter of taste also..

But,

No one can deny its sheer wow factor..

wether its going on my car or not, ill leave until I finally showcase the car..

don't do it for £200, that is dangerously cheap. if you get a cheap kit you could have problems with the door not locking or getting them open again in an emergancy... also the lifters will be crap and wont last long...

it should be possible to customise a set for a simmilar small car.

£200 for fitting + the kit seems ok if it's guaranteed but the most common answer to your question is space behind the wing for the hinge and whether it can actually move without panels and parts hitting each other.

But then again has anyone sized up different kits, Titch has a corsa kit but there are others as well as many "universal" ones out there, good chance one kit could work, it's finding the right one.

Personally I think it won't look right on a micra, always thought it looks good on longer cars and without the top door frame.

if there is a LSD kit for the corsa then it is definatly possible to fit a kit to a micra...

i like the butterfly doors more :)

but i'm trying to get Suicide doors on the back doors for a subtle look :)

Just a quicky, has any1 ever thought of or even actually done it? lambo door hinges on a micra??? i was just watchin pimp my ride (sad i no) but i saw them fit the lambo style doors to a toyota celica. iv had a look on the net and iv found sites claiming to be able give advice to be able fit them to any car for UNDER £200!!! Any ideas guys or is it just a bite the bullet thing and see how it goes???
hope to here from u soon, in the meantime keep pimpin n spreadin da good rep of the micra!!!!!
Lee

yes mate i did exactly the same as you, i watched that one and did the same lol but i didnt get as far as you but if it is true then im having a go.

How about Suicide Lambo Doors....surely there's more room in the rear to make it fit, I know it's more work, but creates a better wow factor :D

cheers 4 da replies guys i fink i need to do a bit more homework b4 i actually do it, ill update if i get any further. cheers

personally i only think they look good on cars which dont have a frame around the window

Ditto. My mate was gonna get some for his calibra, they'd look awesome - but he's spent the money on a £500 undercar lighting kit! mad.

they may look better on a door thats hasn't got a frame around the window, but imagin the looks you would get opening a micra door vertically!

I think ill do um for the crack.. when they are done Ill show the results..

Might aswell get them on before the car is painted..

Cant see why they wouldnt be mate. They open / close.. dont effect driving etc.

I think ill do um for the crack.. when they are done Ill show the results..

Might aswell get them on before the car is painted..

Trying to save all this weight..... and then going to through massive brackets on?

They're far from small! I'm 95% sure they will NOT fit under a standard k11 wing

Trying to save all this weight..... and then going to through massive brackets on?

They're far from small! I'm 95% sure they will NOT fit under a standard k11 wing

have you seen some in real life lined up under the micra wing?

The reason im doing it is like the addition of the smooth doors, its a small modification that has a dramatic effect on the looks... The weight saved by removing the rear seats more than covers the hinges..

The main weight savings are in the stripped interior as a whole, the fibreglass boot and the fibreglass doors and bonnet..

I've seen them on a much bigger car, with much bigger wings, and it was a very tight fit. The hinge took up nearly all of the wing.

Don't forget your door has to open outwards first, and then up, there's a lot of space needed, and the brackets are quite a bit heavier than k11 rear seats.

Back