K14 67 plate - change USB port

Hi all,

I have managed to break the USB/AUX port on my Micra and so have now got a replacement part. However, I'm having a difficult time working out how to pop open the existing one and all online videos seem to be old models.
Can anyone please assist with any guides? Do I need to take out the full centre console for something so small? I'm not overly great with cars but normally get by with DIY videos but if it's a complicated job, I may have to just pay the £125-£150 labour that Nissan requested...

Many thanks, Lee

I’m not completely sure how the dash on the K14 would come apart but I do have a sort-of crazy idea that could work.

As you have the replacement part, you should be able to see if it’s one that is installed by pushing in from the outside. If that’s the case, and as the existing port is already scrap, you could drive a wood screw into the old one and pull it out.

I’m not sure if you take the side trim off in the footwell if you would be able to get up behind the usb port and push it out or taking out the radio and reaching down.

FinnishCoffee’s suggestion should work as they usually just push into place and nothing to loose if the one in there is already toast

Back