K12 BodyKit Help, Kinda!

E

Ell

Hi, So im new to all this and this is my first post, i have a k12 micra preface lift, 54reg, i was wondering is there anyway of getting the front fog lights on the bumper like the facelift?

Specifically, there are a couple of options

Get hold of a foglight kit and ...
i. cut out the edges of the lower grill in your bumper and attach the foglights and surrounds that come with the kit.
ii. get hold of a facelift bumper, paint (where necessary) and install foglights into the rear of the bumper before fitting to your Micra.

Thanks for the welcome.

No problem, I'm also after those grills as well, for the indicator lens and grill nissan want about 140. Forget that. LOL.

ok so i bought the foglight kit, anyone ever installed one of these? you have to take the steering wheel off to fit the new light sticks, im not sure wheter to attempt this myself

Hassle hassle hassle...

ok so i bought the foglight kit, anyone ever installed one of these? you have to take the steering wheel off to fit the new light sticks, im not sure wheter to attempt this myself

If you're gona fit the stalks then... yes I'm afraid you do have to remove the wheel, which means the airbag, which I found a bit scary... If you do go for it, remember to remove BOTH battery terminals and leave the car for AT LEAST 20mins before removing the Airbag Assy from the stearing wheel.

Personaly, the worst bit was removing, trimming and re-fitting the bumper, what a work up!! Still, saved a fortune doing it myself, (although I'm still getting the alignment right :glare:

Nothing scarey about removing an airbag, as said, disconnect the battery and allow 10 minutes for the charge to drain from the car's electrical system before continuing. You then need to remove the covers on the side of the wheel, one on each side at about 4 o'clock and 7 o'clock, and use a T20 (IIRC) hex head to remove the bolts. Pull the airbag away SLOWLY as it's connected to the clockspring via a plug. Remove that, then unbolt the steering wheel. Piece of piddle.

thanks for the advice, to only problem now being that i have to remove the bumber which also means removing the front skirts and wheel arch flares i just put on :(

Facelift bumper on E-Bay

Hi, So im new to all this and this is my first post, i have a k12 micra preface lift, 54reg, i was wondering is there anyway of getting the front fog lights on the bumper like the facelift?

Just spotted this facelift front bumper on E-Bay. Thought someone on this thread'll be interested...

Item number: 190072454689

Back