K11 facelift to K11C parts interchangability

Question to everyone, all input gratefully received

I've completely stripped down one of my 2000 facelift model K11's (1.0 cg10de) and also recently acquired a 1.4 cga3de 2002 model

My question is which parts, aside from the obvious cosmetic changes and lack of distributor, are interchangable? I'm thinking mostly of the 'hidden' parts, ie, heater matrix, relays and control modules, eccs control unit, injectors, lambda sensor, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Question to everyone, all input gratefully received

I've completely stripped down one of my 2000 facelift model K11's (1.0 cg10de) and also recently acquired a 1.4 cga3de 2002 model

My question is which parts, aside from the obvious cosmetic changes and lack of distributor, are interchangable? I'm thinking mostly of the 'hidden' parts, ie, heater matrix, relays and control modules, eccs control unit, injectors, lambda sensor, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Are you wanting to put a coilpack engine and gearbox in a dizzy car while trying to minimise the work required by not replacing unnecessary parts?

If so, then I know that you would have to change the ECU and loom, as dizzy loom+ECU is different to coilpack loom+ECU.
Coilpacks have top feed injectors whereas dizzy models have side feed injectors I THINK.
Coilpacks have 2 lambda sensors whereas dizzy models have 1.
Also dizzy throttle bodies are different to coilpack throttle bodies.
Basically a lot of the parts are different.

Also the dizzy gearbox wouldn't be compatible with a coilpack block. So the gearbox will also have to be swapped.

Just a tip - pairing a CGA3 engine with a coilpack CG10 gearbox makes the car really nippy as the coilpack CG10 gearbox has a much shorter ratio than the CGA3 gearbox. And I'm sure you can find a coilpack CG10 box for cheap.

Sorry can't offer more advice as I myself am a novice but hopefully some others can chip in.

Last edited:
Are you wanting to put a coilpack engine and gearbox in a dizzy car?
If so, then I know that you would have to change the ECU and loom, as dizzy loom+ECU is different to coilpack loom+ECU.
Coilpacks have top feed injectors whereas dizzy models have side feed injectors I THINK.
Coilpacks have 2 lambda sensors whereas dizzy models have 1.
Also dizzy throttle bodies are different to coilpack throttle bodies.
Basically a lot of the parts are different.

Sorry can't offer more advice but hopefully some others can chip in.
Many thanks for your reply.

Keeping the car as is, just wondered which parts I'd stripped off the cg10de would be useful as spares for the cga3de. Makes sense that the ecu and injectors would be different, so they'll be up for sale! As will the throttle body as they're a different setup, as you mentioned.

Many thanks for your reply.

Keeping the car as is, just wondered which parts I'd stripped off the cg10de would be useful as spares for the cga3de. Makes sense that the ecu and injectors would be different, so they'll be up for sale! As will the throttle body as they're a different setup, as you mentioned.

Right I get what you're trying to do.

The inlet manifold is different.
Drive shafts are different.
Gearboxes, clutches and flywheels are different.

All the exhaust side is interchangeable.
As far as I know, most of the interior is interchangeable.
All the lights and body panels are interchangeable.
Wheels are interchangeable.
Suspension is interchangeable.
Brake parts are interchangeable I THINK.

That's as much as I can say.

Hopefully others can chip in.

PS - you'll love the power increase from moving from a CG10 to CGA3!

Right I get what you're trying to do.

The inlet manifold is different.
Drive shafts are different.
Gearboxes, clutches and flywheels are different.

All the exhaust side is interchangeable.
As far as I know, most of the interior is interchangeable.
All the lights and body panels are interchangeable.
Wheels are interchangeable.
Suspension is interchangeable.
Brake parts are interchangeable I THINK.

That's as much as I can say.

Hopefully others can chip in.

PS - you'll love the power increase from moving from a CG10 to CGA3!
That's very good to know, especially about the driveshafts, as I'll be getting a new pair fitted soon. Regarding the power increase, there's a hill just outside my village (the junction I use is at the bottom of it so no chance of a runup) My 1.0 is barely at 45mph when I get to the top of it, the 1.4 is doing 60 and still accelerating!

Many thanks.

That's very good to know, especially about the driveshafts, as I'll be getting a new pair fitted soon. Regarding the power increase, there's a hill just outside my village (the junction I use is at the bottom of it so no chance of a runup) My 1.0 is barely at 45mph when I get to the top of it, the 1.4 is doing 60 and still accelerating!

Many thanks.

Yeah the 1.4 is packed with quite a bit more torque!

Back