K11 CG13DE N/A Tuning.....

C

chrismc

Going on from the fastest K11 thread im after any hints tips to improve engine power from my 1.3 Super S.....

Totally standard 123K mile motor at present. TB has been replaced though i can still feel the odd flat spot on hard accelaration...Timing chain a wee it rattly too but not as bad as my old SLX...

Things ive gained so far. 1.6 Primera airbox with K&N & possibly the TB...(straight swap or did i see something about the fuel rail?) are primera TBs more reliable than the Micra items?

4 branch manifold (What happens to the CAT(s)??) & a full exhaust system

Any answers hints/tips gratefully received.....

Ta....Chris

do a search mate this has been covered numourous times. its not the airbox its the throttle body from a 1.6. also if you use a normal airbox with a k and n panel filter with a bigger pipe leading up to it, apparently this is the best for performance.

don't bother with the throttle body imo a bit over rated unless you got other things already on the car.

best route is to get the janspeed exhaust full system and a k+n panel filter for the ga16de airbox and rig up a better air feed. this will take you about the 100bhp mark.

if you only want a bit more out of the cg13de then i suggest you leave the second cat as this will give a bit more lower end torque than removing it.

if you feel like spending a canny whack then i suggest a maniflow manifold and a omp manifold back exhaust.

next route as in the other threads is cams and a remap, some thing like tomei cams and e manage. now i'd consider the ga16de trottle body or better yet the ga15de if yo can your hands on one. or you can go the way of apxi safc controllers, to alter things around.

then well it gets a bit difficult, throttle bodies etc...

Dr Zoidberg said:
don't bother with the throttle body imo a bit over rated unless you got other things already on the car.

best route is to get the janspeed exhaust full system and a k+n panel filter for the ga16de airbox and rig up a better air feed. this will take you about the 100bhp mark.

if you only want a bit more out of the cg13de then i suggest you leave the second cat as this will give a bit more lower end torque than removing it.

if you feel like spending a canny whack then i suggest a maniflow manifold and a omp manifold back exhaust.

next route as in the other threads is cams and a remap, some thing like tomei cams and e manage. now i'd consider the ga16de trottle body or better yet the ga15de if yo can your hands on one. or you can go the way of apxi safc controllers, to alter things around.

then well it gets a bit difficult, throttle bodies etc...

Many thanks....

So we are talking 1600 airbox & K&N with improved air feed & a Janspeed 4 branch....this does away with the first CAT correct??

Will the car still be OK come MOT time with only the secondary?

Combined with a half decent exhaust, this should give a noticeable gain then?

yes the 1600 air box, it was on my list to replace the k+n cone i had.

and again yes it will remove the first cat, but i don't think it will pass mot with just the second cat. best bet is to swap manifolds over come mot time.

this should give a more noticable gain in the 0-70/80 mph run. really 5k rpm + is where you will notice the difference.

First thing to do is to get a lower mileage engine to do it on.
I have found the 1.6tb to be worse and lead to det, you will also have idleing issues and if you have NATS it won't work anyway. If you want to do intake mods, something like Mark has on his K10 or what Cisco has on his is what you want, there was mention of using SR20 tb, but there is little info on that so anyhting could happen.

Craig said:
First thing to do is to get a lower mileage engine to do it on.
I have found the 1.6tb to be worse and lead to det, you will also have idleing issues and if you have NATS it won't work anyway. If you want to do intake mods, something like Mark has on his K10 or what Cisco has on his is what you want, there was mention of using SR20 tb, but there is little info on that so anyhting could happen.

I realise the mileage is heavyish, but the motor feels OK as standard...

Just after simple budget mods to allow it to breathe properly & maybe give a bit more go...

Any links to description/pics of Mark or Ciscos setups?

Titch said:
But if your modding - it'll put more strain on the engine, so more chance of problems...

Care to quantify that????

No extra compression & same standard rev limit, so just allowing the engine to breathe more freely...

Strain will occur on the gearbox/drivetrain due to the extra power, but the engine will effectively be running more efficently if all this talk of super restrictive inlets/exhausts is true.

My Golf on the other hand......200BHP, 7700rpm limit. Everything is under more strainfwn

box will cope fine, and the clutch will be ok, might go through them quicker depending on how you drive. Engine should be ok, just dont drive it too hard.

Ian said:
box will cope fine, and the clutch will be ok, might go through them quicker depending on how you drive. Engine should be ok, just dont drive it too hard.

whats the point of making a 110+ bhp micra and not driving it hard?

RIK said:
whats the point of making a 110+ bhp micra and not driving it hard?

Ive got my Golf for upsetting people....& my Micra wont ever make 110BHP!

The Micra will just be a toy...with a bit more fizz than standard. In my experience of my previous SLX, the engine will be fine if a little rattley from the timing chain!. Gearboxes can get noisy though & the clutch heavy...

Back