ITS TRUE! lighten your flywheel!

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I had to have a bearing replaced in my gearbox and while the flywheel was out, I got them to take a coupla kg out of the flywheel....

Now the car actually has throttle response! (was originally disappointed with standard micra, no heel-toe action :( but now thumbs up!)

Dropped .3sec of the 0-100km/h time .....

I am now saving up for the datrats 3kg job, very jealous of anyone whos got one!!!

keep up the good work guys!

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Route, I suspect the best approach (in terms of both safety and value for money) would be to buy a professionally made aftermarket lightweight flywheel.

Major weight reduction of a standard flywheel is not recommended as they are sometimes not strong enough afterwards to handle the load and may shatter.

"JUN" lightweight forged flywheels are available at a good price from www.perfectrun.com.au (around A$650)

www.datrats.com.au are also able to supply an excellent flywheel that is even lighter than the JUN....

Many people on this website have used both of these brands with very good results....

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I had about 1kg taken out with probably a max of 2kg for the above reason 'makes' states...but with only 1 kg out it feels a zippier car...so can't wait to put a real flywheel (ie....professionally made)

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow did perfect run jack up their prices now Makes :) ?

Shame! $500 was a bargain before.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Cisco, sorry i made a mistake and mixed this up with their quote for Tomei Cams I received recently...

As far as I know perfectrun hasn't changed their price for the "JUN" Flywheel (but postage etc. charge may vary). I seem to remember my "JUN" actually cost around $550 including postage to Brisbane.

I can recommend this company. They provided a quote very promptly and the flywheel took less than two weeks to arrive. If anyone is interested I recommend you contact them to get a current quote.

cisco

» CMF Member
Awesome. Great stuff. Including postage, $550 is a great price for sure. They don't cost much cheaper than that off the shelf in Japan, so its a great deal.

CMF_route

» CMF Member
I just had my lighten flywheel installed yesterday.
totally love the new found "power" of the car.

also had D2 coilovers installed. My konis were leaking..

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
are the D2 coilovers for the K11 actually designed for the car?

or are they hacks from another car which only just seem to work on the car (like the D2's for FWD N14 pulsar)?

And how much did they set you back in AUD if you dont mind me asking. :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Man, wouldn't mind slamming one into the white super s.

It needs some more pickup. Improved economy too, so I'd be all for it.

Light flywheels are the best.

CMF_route

» CMF Member
yes those D2 coilovers are for the K11.

I actually exchanged it with a friend of mine. He wanted my sach kit.
Think they cost around S$1200 new. No idea how much is that in AUD.

Back