how much for a tune up? Brisbane area

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
so my micra has almost kicked the bucket. Today it stalled on me for no apparent reason (read: throttlebody wrecked). Also my tailpipe is a nice dark as coal black...

I have more than enough to get new exhaust and extractors and custom air intake but where should i get the throttlebody? And the ecu readout and remap? Any brisbane area knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
I think ive covered everything i need to ask...

Oh also, ive had misfire once or twice. Anything i should know about this or is it just throttlebody symptoms?

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
whoops, never really thought about cleaning the contacts inside the dizzy, i have today off so i guess i will do it at daybreak. will also recheck the injectors.

Regardless of other symptoms, my fuel is definitely rich and i want a slight performance increase via induction and exhaust upgrade. If I get custom cold air intake, extractors, new highflow cat, 2" piping and new muffler (what the hell is up with those hotdog mufflers) will i need to remap my ecu or should i replace with aftermarket? I don't like dodgy things like pinching the fuel pressure regulator's sensor pipe, but I have no idea what type of aftermarket ecu I should be looking at.

I'm asking here because I will get an honest answer here, not a sales pitch from a garage I've never been to before.
Thanks all

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
wouldn't be surprised that by the time add a few mods, you'll lean out a bit..... why not look at a adjustable fuel regulator instead of doing the pinch thing. don't need to tune the micra as such since the computer takes care to that, need new ecu's etc when u go outside its boundries, ie turbo,supercharging,cams with big ignition advances.... you know, a big increase in fuel/power load.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
haha seriously?! Im at hillcrest. Newburn st.

If you can spare 10 mins to look at my car then you can probs give me advice on what i should do to it in the correct order cause i've so many ideas im just not sure where to start.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
update: So today I haggled Autobarn browns plains down to 1000 exactly with delivery for all whiteline pieces, not happy with the price but too lazy to go anywhere else, paid for that and will arrive on wednesday - can't wait!

After that I drove on to DynoTunz and unfortunately turbo wasn't in but I setup a wednesday meeting to see what i should do with the micra under the hood and hopefully things go well. :)

Also littlebear, that cluster finally arrived and looks so sweet that im not gonna change the km/h from my slx cluster, just going to pop it in!

Back