Hi Guys not been on for a while heres some updates

Been busy moving house (hate it) and im now using my Micra for a 30 mile round trip to work each day.
Anyway had a prod about underneath and shes going rotten on her outer sills , shes a sunroof model :(
Also back axle has seen better days looking a little rusty.
Apart from the outer sill issue shes still very solid underneath, shes a 94 M with only 67000 genuine miles on her.
Shes due for test Feb15 my question is do I run her till shes out of test and scrap her :( or would you get her welded up? anybody any idea what we are talking about cost wise to get a good job done ?
Thanks in advance guys
David

you could sell it now while its still on the road and double your scrap money,then buy a non-sunroof model,theres one on ebay for £350 with 8 months test

This of it like this....

Is it currently your only car?

How much would get for scrapping it?

How much would you need to spend on taxing a new car?

Would getting a new car effect your insurance?

Would this new car have any hidden costly faults?

Does your current car only have the rusty cills issue? I.e. Are the Engine, gear box, breaks, body panels, emissions ect all up to scratch, if so, and given all the above questions.... It may be worth getting the welding done and save yourself a future headache =]

engine is spot on so is the gearbox, body panels are good for 20 year old car, paint is surprisingly good too.
its just the cills that are the issue and ive just taxed her, think I answered my own question.
get the money together and have her welded up.

engine is spot on so is the gearbox, body panels are good for 20 year old car, paint is surprisingly good too.
its just the cills that are the issue and ive just taxed her, think I answered my own question.
get the money together and have her welded up.
Good lad!! 6 years ago I wish I have had the money to do the welding on my first micra.... But it was bad, really bad, really really bad and the bill would have totalled around £1000 and at the time it was cheaper to buy a new car but given what and who I know today, if this one gets bad, it'll be welded reet-up!!

Back