Hello From Vietnam

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Hi All,
Well sitting in internet cafe complete with A/C sipping a diet Coke. Beer to follow once sun reaches its zenith.
Nothing has changed. Still a mad house/slaughter house on the roads and being Chinese New Year (TET)they go even a little bit more crazy. So far so good only had a minor side swipe with another bike but we were all only going about 10kph.
Cannot wait to get home. Whitey will be ready with the near new supercharger installed, Davies Craig elect. water pump removed ( never buy one !) and 2006 will be year of motoring. Maybe look at better intercooler down the track as only major upgrade.
F>>>>> its hot. No good for forced cars over here not that you could ever get it above say 80kph even on the best highway they have. You see some late model BMWs/ Mercs/Hondas etc all chugging around town and none of them has ever hit 100 kph.
135cc Honda Dream bike and you hose em off no trouble!!
Have to go and down the first cold beer, be back this weekend.

cisco

» CMF Member
mm cold beer.

Welcome from back home White Knight.

Kind of funny, its just like your posting a normal message, but somehow I can sense its coming from the other side of the world. Funny this internet business isn't it, the messages are coming from different countries, but it ends up on here the same.

Hope you are having a blast.

Yes spot on - 2006 is the "year of motoring". Let's start a new thread about it and everyone's new years motoring resolutions.

Have fun when you get back to the mighty whitey.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yes its a pretty place far away from the big cities which are overcrowded,polluted,noisy and its all push and shove.
You single guys would go crazy as most of the women are drop dead knockouts. Man I get a sore neck and tired eyes from the constant scoping.Ouch!! ball and chain just wacked me again.
Let me know if you want to travel here I can certainly arrange whatever your heart desires.
This is an unpaid travel announcement from White Knight Enterprises.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
I'm back!! 17 hours door to door. Feel a wee bit stuffed and not much like work.
Good news Whitey is ready. Next to new supercharger installed , electric water pump no more and evidently she is running as sweet as.Was a bit lazy( no time)and did stuff all of the work myself.
Interesting bit will be pulling the old supercharger apart and renewing the oil seals and seeing how the bearing is.
Next step is a dyno run and see how that torque curve is.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
fantastic, right on the moeny > about year of driving pleasure. And good news about white knight too. What arrangement did you end up with reguarding the water pump?I must be getting old, i've organised the removal of the urethane engine mounts in place of some nice rubber ones, fed up with car vibrating like you know what. Recently lowered tyre pressure to 36psi down from 40, wow that made a difference, no more crashing down the road anymore. And want too organise a new muffler, must not be anything left in the current one, still drones something severe after adding a resonator, but otherwise loving the roof back + windows down wind in my hair, best way to travel > hardly been using the AC recently. Anyways, enough dribble from me, keep us posted on whitey,

Alex

Attachments

• 11740.jpg
    11740.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 35

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Gone back to the stock standard mechanical pump. If the belt dont break the pump will be spinning. The Davies Craig electric one was too tempremental.Temp gauge was always moving between normal/ near red. Was never constant.
Anyway the first Craig pump **** itself after 2 weeks so started to have doubts about its reliability.
The temp gauge now sits on normal no matter what and so it should with the 50% bigger capacity radiator.
Only issue was that with the 50% bigger drive pulley the water pump is now spinning 50% faster. From what I have read re fitting bigger pulleys and making water pumps spin faster 50% is okay. You have to be careful you do not get cavitation.

cisco

» CMF Member
Welcome home !

Excellent news re:whitey - bring on the year of motoring and that stupendous torque curve. Stump puller.

cisco

» CMF Member
I don't want to talk about it!!!

Major saga last week. Seriously, this car almost got pushed off a cliff. But its not the car's fault. Its idiots in the public running businesses that you deal with.

In short: My parts were sitting in Adelaide for 2 weeks all finished and ready to be sent back after the coating was finished, but just SITTING THERE. BECAUSE, I found out that my exhaust shop owed TNT money on their freight account and so TNT were refusing to pick up and deliver the parcel until they cleared their small debt. They cleared their debt by paying TNT, but then noone told anyone, so TNT never went back to pick it up again and my coated parts just sit down there in the coating company's out-tray for 2 weeks. Spewing..

It took me ringing around everyone on behalf of the idiots I'm dealing with just to find this all out. Then I said to the coating place stuff TNT mate can you send it directly to me via any other shipping company now and I'll pay you now over the phone, I'm not waiting for exhaust shops to think of it in another month's time. So they organised TOLL and I paid them directly myself and also was half the price compared to the shipping cost the exhaust guy had been passing on to me. $72 each way TNT vs. $30 each way TOLL Logistics.

So as of last Friday I paid them for shipping and it should be here any day. With honestly a day's work left for the exhaust shop to bolt everything back together in place then I go and pick up there car. So yeah bluey shoulda been ready a few weeks back, but really hopefully it should be this week.

I rang the exhaust guy back up and told him everything I'd arranged and why the parcel "was late, and wasn't showing up". All these idiots were just waiting and waiting on each other with no one ringing anyone to find out. Until the customer got onto it. Disgusted as usual!!! He was like "err maybe I should close my TNT account, they have been ripping me off" and "err ok, glad its all sorted out". Mate, you should be doing this running around!

Customer service in Australia from almost every place I deal with apart from a select rare few never ceases to make me absolutely sick in the guts and disgraced.

Just to add to it, also last week, the exhaust guy asked me to source a common T28 gasket for the dump pipe to turbo. He asked me to ring up GCG turbos and buy one then bring it in. Its like, well isn't that your job? I'm the customer who's paying, you're the exhaust shop with all these suppliers and contacts??? Anyway, I asked him to find one. Just crazy stuff.

I went through all the whole phases of selling the car and getting rid of it and just getting something new-ish and practical and reliable. But then I think I got over those doldrums again, and once its back I will enjoy it again. I have some parts sitting here ready to install as soon as its back. Hurry up 2006 the year of motoring, its February!
I was told this car would be finished before christmas.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Zoiks Cisco the dreaded curse strikes again.
You are not alone by any stretch of the imagination.
Dont get discouraged just press on.
2006 year of motoring.

Attachments

• 11775.jpg
    11775.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 31
Back