GFC driving me crazy

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
For about 2-3 months now iv been getting calls from GFC - group of financial companies and im sick to death of them. Iv tried being nice iv tried a few F words and they will not stop calling. Its now 4-5 times a week sometimes twice a day like today.

I registered with the telephone preference service but no joy they still come through, i asked for supervisors but they just hang up and its a withheld number.

Anyone any ideas on other free services to stop these little ****** from calling me all the time?

my grandparents say when they get cold calls they just say they're on the phone preferance service and they appologies and hang up!

iv tried but being non native they dont understand a word i say half the time and just repeat what they said again. thanks for the response midded

lol sorry mOdded. yea i tried getting a number or a supervisor but they just hang up. I dont want to pay for someone harassing me and even then i cant block a number because i cant get it.

answer in another language, or answer as a company and say "welcome to ?????? my name is ?????? and calls are charged at £1.90/min, how may i help you?

they soon strike you off the list of numbers to call!

Start logging the date and time of the calls, then call the cops. It's harrasment, you have the name of the company responsible- do a little digging on the net to find out exactly who they are and pass that info on too. Or next time they call, just tell them you are logging the calls and are going to take legal action against them they may stop anyway.

good idea people Ill give it a go, i dont have a lot of faith in our police tbh they are pants my budgie could do a better job than that lot lol.

If your bored you should string them along for ages. Say something like sounds great, then get out a homer Simpson or arni sound board on your PC and play things to them over the phone. hahaha. "STOP WHINING!"

Or you can pretend its a murder scene and your a Police officer...like the one on youtube. Have you seen it? If not I will link it up here. Made me laugh

I put the fone down on the side and walk away, they hang up after about 10 mins.
Also try 'this is a government line, you have just committed a crime by calling me, hang up now'

accept the call and just put your phone down on a table. let them speak to themselves at their own expense for abit thats normally what i do with unwanted calls if im not in the mood to take the #### abit

an overseas call center called my office we told them we needed help a large wave had hit the office we could not find the boss what were we going to tell his wife and kids everyones dead can they send help at once like we do when they need it oh god oh god the waters rising again help help please help. the phone went quiet !!!!!

My husband was getting griefed from moroccan telesales company so one night he snapped and startde screaming down the phone, now he's generally a very placid man, but they kept ringing him back after his rant so he held an air horn up to his phone and blasted them with it, knowing full well the other person wouldnt get their headset off in time and would be blasted by a full can of air. He held it so long his phone got ice crystals on it and had to be thawed out.... he's not had one single dodgy call to his mobile since.

Yeah it only works if they understand english.
The main thing that puts me off buying from these companies is the fact they don't even respect you enough as a customer to have an english person call you.

How I see it, If I want to buy something.....I buy it!

If someone phones me up trying to sell me something then I probably won't want it!

Chris Moyles said they should get useful ones of these, like people phoning up trying to sell you pizzas/ chinese/ indians. People would actually be tempted to buy these!!! lol

Back