Getting some insurance quotes

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
From Norwich Union, it just makes me laugh, these are for 4 years driving, 3 yrs no claims, no acidents, clan licence and to be kept on the street:

1996 1l Micra - 357
1996 1.3 micra - 360
1993 3l v6 Maxima - 460
1995 3l v6 maxima - 500
1998 2.4 v70 AWD - 560

All tpft, but that is silly cheap, I think the fact that there a 4 cars in the house really helps me, am actually quite tempted to get the volvo when my insurance runs out in September, 200 brake estate :D

i pay £300 fully comp on my micra (all mods and 3 points) and i'll be paying £500 fully comp for my starlet GT when it comes in to the uk.
chuchill for the micra and A-plan for the GT
Ive got full bonus and 3 points which come off next year.sp50

I can insure a BMW 750i (5.3L) for £500 TPFT with 2 years no claims, and a clean licence.

I'm tempted!

Edit: Craig, Saabs, Volvos and older Beemers and Rovers are also rather cheap (i.e. Rover 220 Turbo was cheaper than a BMW)!

Retepetsir said:
I can insure a BMW 750i (5.3L) for £500 TPFT with 2 years no claims, and a clean licence.

I'm tempted!

Edit: Craig, Saabs, Volvos and older Beemers and Rovers are also rather cheap (i.e. Rover 220 Turbo was cheaper than a BMW)!

Pete, I have no wish to crash my car so 220 Turbo is a big nono :D
Might keep my eyes peeled for an ex-police volvo, they are apparetnyl cheaper asthey havehigh miles and fewcreature comforts, but they will be well looked after and not std either :D

When I was getting quotes out of interest, I could insure a Starlet turbo for around £400 fc, a n/a MK2 MR2 for around the same and if I could find one - a UK spec Supra TT for £550!!!!! Oh the joys of being old, and being a girl! :D That's with one year's no claims, and one year's driving.

Insurance on the Micra is £183 tpft, mods declared, and with Norwich Union who include years you've had your provisional too (had mine since 17, now 25! :D )

Back