Fitting mirror glass

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hello people

When my car got hit the other day, the mirror glass came flying out. Its still in one piece, just a bit scuffed around the edges! Anyway, it looks like it clips back in, but its extremely difficult to do and i havent been successful as yet!

Has anyone got any tips on getting it back in place?

yup.. it is held in by a ball and socket style connection/joint.. u have to take the mirror casing off the car.. lay it on its back (mirror facing sky).. place the mirror glass in position (loosen the ball and socket joint screw (via the small hole in the bottom of the mirror casing) .. then get small bit of wood. place on the mirror glass (its actually plastic so wont break easy).. then WACK it DAMNNNNNNNNN hard with a hammer (the wood).. this should pop the ball and socket joint together! .. (when u wack it aim for the "glass" directly above the joint!)

hope this helps!

Courior

I have a feeling im going to break it but thanks for the advice! I'l give it a go at somepoint :)

when i did mine, i just greased the ball and socket slightly then applied slight pressure to the mirror until it popped in...then tightened everything back up.

I was convinced i was gonna break it :) but it turned out not to be the case.

before using the wood i was hitting the "glass" with a rock hard rubber mallet and nothing broke.. left some nasty black smudges.. thats why i changed to wood :)

Back