feb 21st test n tune willowbank raceway

hey peeps, i'll be heading down to willowbank on the 21st of this month... tis a thursday, going to take down bluey for a base run with just exhaust mods to see what he'll do. anyone wanting to attend, feel free.. whether it be racing or spectating.. hopefully i'll have a few other cars coming down aswell, if people aren't lazy...

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
have been trying to go every wednesday night for a month now! Last week i could not make it and i think it was the first one not called off in 4 weeks.

I should be good to go do you want to meet there or go from your joint? I finish work at 3:45pm

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
I will see how I go. I'm having trouble selecting 2nd & 4th at full noise. I think its just the rear mount being too soft & the engine & g/box twisting away from the gear selector.

Will see if my new poly rear mount fixes it (when it eventually arrives).

Snoopy WROTE:

"I will see how I go. I'm having trouble selecting 2nd &amp; 4th at full noise. I think its just the rear mount being too soft &amp; the engine &amp; g/box twisting away from the gear selector.<BR><BR>Will see if my new poly rear mount fixes it (when it eventually arrives).

dont be a skirt. come anyway

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
"Cars can not run quicker than 10.99 sec
Bikes can not run quicker than 10.00 sec
To run quicker than these you will need an ANDRA licence."

Hope you've got your Andra licence mate.. lol =)

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Are will still on turbo? Are there any other takes?? Does anybody no what the weathers lookin like for tomorrow night?

I'll be at Yamanto Macas at around 5-530 if your intested let us no.

anyway.. kudo's to the people who showed up.. err.. i mean 'person'..allthought tony did skirt out and just spectate..:) i did 2 runs, best of 17.526 @ 78.51mph... pretty respectable time i reckon considering only exhaust modification. i ran the my blue car... complete with 16'' wheels, and gay for traction nexen 205/40 tyres.... we think there's a high 16 in her for sure if we got traction in 1st gear, wheelspun like it had 300kw! :), anyway, atleast i got a base time to work with, i'll head out next time with intake + computer mods, i'm stoked with the 17.5, i'll be aiming for a low 16 with more performance mods.. :) and a new clutch... tis on its last legs, and was slipping into 3rd

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Cant believe that clutch has failed already. It's only got around 50,000kms on it. Guess the turbo took its toll on it.

Be very interesting to see what it runs with a few more mods.

Snoopy WROTE:

"Cant believe that clutch has failed already. It's only got around 50,000kms on it. Guess the turbo took its toll on it.<BR><BR>Be very interesting to see what it runs with a few more mods.

50,000ks is very 2nd hand man, most performance clutches are lucky to last 20,000k's.. but it is a micra, not exactly a performance car :) still holding power, but doesn't quite bite after engaging the next gear... i haven't exactly been taking it easy either :) very happy with the car by the way mate... absolutely ****in love it, my g/f is getting sick of me telling her how much i enjoy driving it.. :)

Back