extractors&turbo yes or no

CMF_cactus

» CMF Member
just after some advice. I have put on a set of hurricane extractors 4 to 1 and full 2.5 system heres where the problem starts. I was contemplating putting a turbo on the silver bullet but if i can help it not change the extractors back to a standard/modified for turbo manifold as the money outlay wasnt cheap $1400.00 modified as im still running aircon ($40)hourly rate.. sucks. Any help in this area be great.. PS Anyone cruising in the Canberra/qbn area drop me an email..

cisco

» CMF Member
You can keep the 2.5" system, that's an ideal diameter for turbo'ing a micra.. But its too fat for a naturally aspirated micra (overkill and you would probably be losing torque)..

But unfortunately the extractors aren't compatible with a turbo. So you will have to lose those, but bolt on a turbo manifold and hook that up to the start of the 2.5" main pipe..

CMF_DeepFraught

» CMF Member
If you think it's been expensive so far, making a good turbo kit will be a lot more, so price up what you want to do.

The extractors to suit aircon are re-sellable, if you posted pics and price up you'd probably get some decent offers here for when you do go turbo.

As the saying goes, if you want "reliable performance cheap", choose two of those three.

Back