Dodgy Drivers Door

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hi All,

Having been doing a few more longer journeys recently ive noticed my drivers door rattles significantly at speed, the top of the door really.

When I open the door (obviously not while moving...) its pretty loose on its hinges and it'll move a good few cm up and down.

I guess its had the most abuse of all the doors, so what should I do to tighten it up or stop it from rattling.

Regards,

Mike.

I think new door pins will sort this out as over time they drop. They're large doors for such small hinges, so this happens to everyone.

Chaps.

I guessed that the brackets under the wing would need resetting

Has anyone had success by replacing the pins only?

Please reply, coz this is doing my nut too!

cheers

SammoHung said:
Chaps.

I guessed that the brackets under the wing would need resetting

Has anyone had success by replacing the pins only?

Please reply, coz this is doing my nut too!

cheers

Yea it will be the brackets next to the wing that have worn.if you lift the door up and down, you will see movement in the brackets and not in the door pins.

Guys,

My Super S is much better in this respect, but on a windy motorway drive the noise of the wind cutting over the top of the door is so annoying. Anyone got a way of making this better.

I know its not really a motorway car...

Open the door and check the rubbery black seal that goes around the door frame. Also check the seal on the side of the door when you open it. That may have come out of position. Mine was making wind noises due to this falling out of place.

Old school method of fixing that (the last one, other problem needs new pins etc) would be to put a towel or something at the front bottom of the door and then bend it just a little bit. (towel there so it doesn't close).
Or, do the window all the way down and then bend the top a little bit inwards.
As you might think, bending the door is generally a bad idea because glass is not known for it's great bending abilities :p
It's bodging, it's nasty, it's not 'the proper way' of doing it, but usually it works :D (when done with some common sense)

Don't know if you ever replaced the door, or fiddled with the hinge? Because adjusting that could also solve this problem btw (which is much better than the bodge job thingy).

no no no all you need is the bushes and new door pins and c clips, ive done both doors on mine and i have the special tool for fitting the bushes aswell, get new top hat bushes (8 of them) and pins (4 of them) and clips(4 of them) from nissan

also adjust of the door stricker would help keep the door tight on the car

Back