Discussion thread for: How good are YOU at DRIVING your favourite set of wheels?

Like the idea!! Might be going along to the local place I think, might be weird having an instructor alonside me again... I think that would make me drive differently anyway.

open minded. :grinning:

you can go to knockhill and do advanced drivers courses aswell, im goin for my birthday!! but yea its a good idea, dont see many young folk going for it tbh

Turtle: Yeah!!! youre the first I think to break the ice no pun intended. Ive been a part of the group for a few years now and I don't regret it one bit.

Faz:How much are the Knockhill courses? Sounds good
Is that a track-based course or road-based course?
I wish I still got stuff for my birthday.:-S...lol

I went out with the regionnal driving super-hero the otherweek (He trains and examines the police drivers fleet...including pursuit blues & twos) and it was a REAL eye opener........

......and guess what????

YES!.........He used to have a K10 and really bigged-them up.
He was well chuffed doing a session in a K10.

Is anyone having difficulty with the link....I cant seem to get at the domain since a few hours ago,,,

(be sure to refresh your browser...cheers for you help)

Very interested in that, been looking for something a bit more than passplus for a while now, but most of the advanced driving course's seem expensive.

Clone, OK, the link was giving me bother last night for a few hours but now its FINE, here it is again for convenience.

http://www.roadar-northeast.co.uk/msc/Micra Sports Club RoADAR.htm

The link will work for anyone...even visiting guests (so tell your friends ;-) ), I followed it a moment ago while 'logged out' and it was fine. I guess it was just a problem with my internet service or the linked to's server..

Demarest, yeah super cheep and the quallity of the training is IMO the most thorough and highest quallity for civilian driving. reason it costs so little is that the local groups are run entirely of quallified volunteers, so theres no lining of pockets.....just a whole bunch of enthusiasts who care about others learning the skills.

Nice one chaps & chapesses

you can go to knockhill and do advanced drivers courses aswell, im goin for my birthday!! but yea its a good idea, dont see many young folk going for it tbh

Advanced driving on a track is TOTALLY different to advanced driving on the road...

lifted from the speed cameras thread....

How much does that ROSPA course cost? I'm interested. I was looking at IAM as well.. is there a huge difference? Ta

Hi Gurpreet

In case you havent allready seen it.. there is a link to a paper in this thread
http://www.micra.org.uk/t14275-how-good-are-you-at-driving-your-favourite-set-of-wheels.html

And discusion can go here:
http://www.micra.org.uk/t14276-disc...-at-driving-your-favourite-set-of-wheels.html

Ive coppied this into the discussion...mabe a swift handed admin dude could clean the speed cams thread ...

Anyway to summarise I think the IAM is around £75 but the RoSPA is (for the northeast region) £15......or £10 if under 25 years of age....that gets u the membership then tuition sessions are free after that.....but price varies from region to region so check out your local group for membership prices. Ther is a link to find your local group in the paper.

AND...if you decide that you want to go for the test the test is graded to 2 standards higher than the IAM

IAM pass is considered to be equivelant to RoSPA 'Bronze pass'

RoSPA than has 'Silver' and 'Gold' pas standards to..:)

R.o.s.p.a.

Hi Gurpreet

In case you havent allready seen it.. there is a link to a paper in this thread
http://www.micra.org.uk/t14275-how-good-are-you-at-driving-your-favourite-set-of-wheels.html

And discusion can go here:
http://www.micra.org.uk/t14276-disc...-at-driving-your-favourite-set-of-wheels.html

Ive coppied this into the discussion...mabe a swift handed admin dude could clean the speed cams thread ...

Anyway to summarise I think the IAM is around £75 but the RoSPA is (for the northeast region) £15......or £10 if under 25 years of age....that gets u the membership then tuition sessions are free after that.....but price varies from region to region so check out your local group for membership prices. Ther is a link to find your local group in the paper.

AND...if you decide that you want to go for the test the test is graded to 2 standards higher than the IAM

IAM pass is considered to be equivelant to RoSPA 'Bronze pass'

RoSPA than has 'Silver' and 'Gold' pas standards to..:)

It isn't only the RoSPA that do advanced driving courses. I.A.M. is the other one. Institute of Advanced Motorists, sounds good do'nt it?
You'll find their number in the phone book. Once again it's a charitable organisation, non profit making.
I did it some time ago, and yes it certainly teaches you how to drive better, and be more road savvy. Don't put it off for too long, it'll also lower your innsurance quote!!!

Back