Classic Skylines Australia- SKYLINE NATIONALS 7-10 September 2012 - Micra forum invite.

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
Hello

I mentioned this a little while ago, here is the official thread.

Classic Skylines Australia is holding their 4th Skyline Nationals in Goulburn / Wakefield Park, NSW from Friday the 7th to the 10th of September this year.

http://www.skylinenationals.com.au/

Now your thinking... Why the hell is this clown telling me this? i has no Skyline!

Well. Classic Skylines Australia has a different attitude than another Skyline club in the country, and we welcome ANY Nissan or Datsun to the club.

We want a variety people to be able to enjoy their variety of cars.

So unless there is a National Micra meet that clashes with this mentioned weekend, I urge you all to consider entering.

At very least, cruise out for the day all you NSW folks, and check out the Grid of Group A and C Nissan's taking part in full noise parade laps!

If there are a minimum of 3 K11's there will be a trophy class created. for the show and shine and the track day at Wakefield.

CAMS or AASA track license required for Wakefield.

Friday the 7th September will be a casual sign in day, and social catch up.
Saturday the 8th will be the show and shine, in the main street of Goulburn
Sunday is track day at Wakefield,.
Monday is farewell breakfast and slow drive home.

Any questions? please feel free to post here, PM me or visit the website. Entry forms available on the Download page.

http://www.skylinenationals.com.au/

rrBIi.jpg

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Hi mate,

Thanks for posting this. I'm very interested, although I wanted to ask is it considered poor form to only show up to the Wakefield day? I'm not sure if I could manage the whole weekend.

Will you be there with a k11 or a skyline?

Cheers,

JOel

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
Nah, not poor form at all. it is a big weekend,

ill be there with both, not sure if my Mrs will be driving the K11
or if i only bring the Skyline for the show and shine.

There are a bunch coming up from SA and VIC, with a few from WA, so they all want / need to make the trip worth while.

where its only 10mins up the road from the ACT really.

I think this could be a great event to get the Micra folk together, as all the planning is being done, we just need to pay, rock up, and enjoy.

Trav

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
Yep just paperwork hotfunk.

for a cams license you need to be a member of a Cams affiliated car club. + the $100 or so bucks,

Yeh its a great event for a 1st timer, there will be many other 1st timers out there, and the groupings will attempt to keep the cars evenly paced. so that you dont have an R35 diving up the inside after cracking 350kph down the straight.

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
Hey Gang,

Who is considering going?

Im definately leaning towards taking my K11 for the track day.

would be great to have the 4+ Micras out there in their own class.

i have heard that the list of Group A and C race cars attending is only growing, i think a few hotlap passenger laps are going to be raffled to.

Look for the Event ads in HPI and Zoom magazine soon. (im told)

any sugestions for the Micra cup trophy?

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
good man. im going for sure.

besides the engine lightening mods, our cars will be fairly similar.

just need oz chris and a couple more to enter. rbluv should come show us what all those brand name parts can do.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Trav, can you please confirm what date the Wakefield park track day is? Entry form from the website say 11th september and the website propper says 7-10th? I'm assuming its on the 9th, but I dont want to stuff up!

Thanks

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
Hey,

well the event was run and won on the weekend.

Huge thanks to Tyrie for venturing down and taking a few pics on the sunday at Wakefield. was good to have that rushed chat while going through scrutineering.

was my 1st time on a long track with the K11, and while fighting
lift off oversteer all day i had a blast!

was a little disappointed to only get down to a 1.25.94ish.

i'm surprised how quick Tyrie and joel manage to go.

a friend on FB found Tyrie's photos

thanks heaps again mate.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/Tyrie_01/skyline nats sept 2012/?start=all

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
No worries mate, was going to put the link up here. Was good watching you catch the 240z around the top of the track. I've had a few big spins in the same spot as I got the pics of yours. Very tricky corner!

Back