CG10 flywheel + MA12 distributor

Hi chaps this week I need yet more bits :D

There is a possibility that my dizzy isn't working correctly, now and again it just drops its sparks. The rolling road chap was puzzled because it isn't caracteristics of a weak spark ect.

It'll literally be idling and then just cut out, like some pulled a kill switch.

So ill try a new dizzy and coil and also check over the wiring again.

So MA12 electronic dizzy (not a points dizzy) please. Priice posted to ex5 please :)

Also iam after a standard unlightened preface -98 flywheel.

Same agin, price posted to ex5 please!

Thanks guys
Kev

how long does it take for spark to cut out? could the prefacelift coil be overheating? cos there supposed to have a series resistor arent they?

Hmm I doubt it because I haven't changed anything apart from the dizzy. The coil, wiring, ballast resistor are all exactly as they were with the original engine.

The coil doesn't get hot but the resistor does!

If there is supposed to be another resistor somewhere, then it is entirely possible that I missed that :(

Also the missfire occurs when going round corners fast, its a ##### and is only remidied by applying full throttle.

Ill get a video tonight to demonstrate :)

Hmm I doubt it because I haven't changed anything apart from the dizzy. The coil, wiring, ballast resistor are all exactly as they were with the original engine.

The coil doesn't get hot but the resistor does!

If there is supposed to be another resistor somewhere, then it is entirely possible that I missed that :(

Also the missfire occurs when going round corners fast, its a ##### and is only remidied by applying full throttle.

Ill get a video tonight to demonstrate :)

Back