Body Kit: Function factor

Body kits do look good on a tidy K10, but I prefer to look like a scruff.

The problem is that my K10 is an ace Kite when the wind gets up, and I was wondering if anyone has done any comparrisons of HANDLING on unkitted and kitted K10 in windy conditions?

thoughts, oppinions & controlled test results would be appreciated?

cheers gang!

I'll tell u my answer in a few months!!! But yeah i know exactly what u mean by the 'kite' lol!!!

i think you would need a bit more power than a standard k10 and i think you would need very very smooth and deep bumpers sort of like in berg cup (search it on google and you will know what i mean)

lowering the car and fitting alloys certainly help in windy conditions when tmy k10 was kitted it did seem better at higher speeds but then most of the time it spent on the motorway it was always 90+ :p

Speedle said:
lowering the car and fitting alloys certainly help in windy conditions when tmy k10 was kitted it did seem better at higher speeds but then most of the time it spent on the motorway it was always 90+ :p

the biggest problem with aerodynamics is not actually the front but the back where the car creates a vacume behind it slowing it down, thats why you need a kind of tear drop shape that cuts through the air

NeX said:
the biggest problem with aerodynamics is not actually the front but the back where the car creates a vacume behind it slowing it down, thats why you need a kind of tear drop shape that cuts through the air
yer!!! would love to see the body kits shaped like darts!!!!!

detox said:
yer!!! would love to see the body kits shaped like darts!!!!!

it would be backwards darts so that there is less drag at the back...

Back