Big Brother is watching the bus lane!

lewic

Ex. Club Member
Remind me never to drive in Bath again.. its a nightmare of badly marked, illogical diversions and one-ways, with a building site in the centre. Didnt realise I was in a bus lane, but got snapped by a CCTV and a £30 fine - scary the amount of detail they can pick up! The most annoying thing is that I was only there to get my bicycle fixed that a mate had accidentally trashed, and had already forked out £60. Grrrrrrr.

Attachments

• bus lane.jpg
    bus lane.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 183
have you paid?

if not its always worth an appeal...if you put your point accross and give a detailed explanation you might be given the benfit of the doubt.

Having never been, cant say how likely that is mind.

Paid up, as I dont live in Bath and it would have been a hassle to go back and inspect the area. Imagine that if it went to court and it turned out I was in the wrong, the fine would have quadrupled. Will be driving like a nun now!

unlucky mate, i went to Bath a few weeks ago but i didnt encounter much problems. i actually quite liked the city, it reminds me of italy!

thats actually kinda scary, i never thought CCTV was used to prosecute drivers like speed cameras do. i thought they only use it when an accident happen or if someone committed a crime etc.

driving like an OAP from now on...

In London practically all bus lanes are monitored by CCTV, and fines are dished out for drivers that go into them when they're active.

Having said that, they publicise the fact well with a sign warning you are being watched and you'll get a fine for going in them.

Central Londo is bad, I drove on a bus lane and I didn't even realize.. like, on a bend to an A Road... a bus lane!? Hope I don't get fined.

Yeah you dont have to be in a lane for long to get fined! Cameras are quite high up in places too so you might not think your being watched

Allegedly the UK is one of the most CCTV-ed places in the world - and yet there are plenty of arguments out there that it's actually not helping our great and mighty country cut crime!!! :grinning: Miraculously for all my days driving I've never been snapped by one... but then I do take great care in getting to know where everything is :laugh:

Still, that was bad luck getting caught :( At least it was only £30!

Aye, someone told me the other day that something like 20% of the world's cctv camera s re in the UK
- I don't mind fining people who drive in bus lanes as it really narks me when people try to jump the cues/park up "for 5 minutes", a shame that you've been caught unawares - a real police officer would have let you on your way :( Guess tha is the way that policing is going in this country - cheaper and easier for them to do it with a camera.

If you fancy a laugh at the taxpayer's expense, I have been told that under th freedom of information act you can write to your local authority and request a videotape with all the images that they have captured of you via cctv

Yeah at least it was only £30 and didnt get any points (they probably need drivers like me to pay for all the building work thats going on in the centre!). The fine was from a couple of weeks ago and I went the same route last weekend so am hoping I didnt clock up another..

:S that's the thing with cameras - often you don't know where you've made a booboo - I read in the paper aaages ago about one guy who clocked up 14 fines from te same speed camera as he thought that it was off as he didn't get flashed - hardly a safety camera eh?

Back