Any Micras being wrecked in Brisbane?

CMF_Dodgy Haro

» CMF Member
Hi ppl,

My first post here - just recently acquired a micra which needs a new motor. Was wondering if anyone knew of any micra's being wrecked in Brizzy.

Cheapest I can find a motor is around $800 from A1 Nissan with exchange.

Was wondering if I had any other options out there - sorry but I'm spoilt as I'm used to paying $500 for a motor (corolla 4AG that is).

Thanks ppl!

P.S. ABC Wreckers at Oxley told me they had 2 but when I turned up, they were gone ... >_<

Attachments

• 15567.jpg
    15567.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 26

cisco

» CMF Member
Try "Delux Auto Wreckers" in Smithfield NSW and also Moore's Parts Plus in Campbelltown NSW. Both should be a bit cheaper, but will need to add freight costs.

Mine was $660 delivered to Canberra.

Attachments

• 15569.jpg
    15569.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 26

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Capalaba wreckers have 2 cg13de motors in cars. They have around 150,000km each.

I'd probably try an import engine with warrenty first though (probably much lower km).

Cheers

Attachments

• 15571.jpg
    15571.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 27

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah defo agree. They claimed that my engine had only about 40,000km on it. Not surprising for Japan.

When I was over there, all the cars had such low km on them.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Welcome to the site. The following was in the trading post and may be of interest to you ?....

NISSAN MICRA CG13DE, 1.3ltr 4cyl Petrol Engine imported from Japan. Over 1500 Motors & Transmissions in stock to suit all makes. All engines are tested, cleaned & guaranteed. Fitting service available. Delivery Australia Wide., $795.00 Ph 07 3274 6611 Email [email protected] Rocklea
Brisbane Motor Imports.

CMF_Dodgy Haro

» CMF Member
Thanks people for all the above leads - I've made a few phone calls today and there has been a few new leads which I am currently chasing up upon ...

Hopefully the micra should be back on the road soon. :)

Cheers all and appreciate all the help!

Back