Another road rally in the history books

The Grape and I completed our 3rd night rally together over the weekend. Running at car 72 on the WBCC Station Works Garage Border 100 we managed a respectable 36th overall finishing position and took home the silverware for 2nd place in novice category. I finished 2min30 behind a Subaru Imprezza but beat lots of other fast cars in the process. I love it:)
The car ran faultlessly throughout, drawing comments from marshals such as 'plenty of revs in use there' and such.

http://rallyroots.com/Border100_Overall.pdf

There is a problem with the clutch slipping in 2nd if I do a really good launch. There is also an annoying delay between brake pedal off and clutch up wasting time when performing a standing give way at a junction.

Next outing next weekend on the CVMC AutoMark Novice Road Rally.

Well done :)
You're probably approaching the limit of the stock clutch then... I can't launch full throttle or mine slips, no wheelspin just clutch :/
What's causing the delay with the break pedal at junctions though?

Brakes are great, the delay is between lifting the brake and lifting the clutch, ie building revs to set off again. Lightweight fly is the solution I presume though I'm nervous it might prove even easier to heat soak, conversely it may cool quicker too eh?

If you leave off the panel between box and engine it'll cool faster with airflow but might be risky for your rallying, things getting into the housing etc...

Back