Alternator

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
If you have a good auto electrician then do what I did with one of my cars. Ditch the Micra alternator which is not a common model and get them to fit something from another brand.
They left dual plugs in the loom so I can switch back to stock if ever I needed to.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"If you have a good auto electrician then do what I did with one of my cars. Ditch the Micra alternator which is not a common model and get them to fit something from another brand.

They left dual plugs in the loom so I can switch back to stock if ever I needed to.

Thanks Mipcar, saw the Auto Elec next door to work he is getting in contact with Bosch and see what parts are available for it, which alternator did you end up using?

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"mipcar WROTE:

"If you have a good auto electrician then do what I did with one of my cars. Ditch the Micra alternator which is not a common model and get them to fit something from another brand.

They left dual plugs in the loom so I can switch back to stock if ever I needed to."</div>

Thanks Mipcar, saw the Auto Elec next door to work he is getting in contact with Bosch and see what parts are available for it, which alternator did you end up using?

A Bosch one but outside that cannot tell you what specific car it was for. Fitted a new one. Works fine.

Back