1998 K11 Aircon not working

My K11 aircon has stopped working. the blue light on the button lights up, but the clutch on the pump does not engage when the switch is turned on. the fuse under the drivers side dash is ok because if I remove it the switch light doesnt light up. Can anyone tell me where to look next, I have found a relay box nex the battery but I cannot identify what relay (if any ) controls the clutch in the pump. I seem to remember someone saying that if the pressure drops too low then the clutch on the pump will NOT kick in.....is this true?
I have never regassed the system.

here's hoping there someone out there who knows the answer.

hey there, could you please post in the k11 section just to keep the forum neater it helps when other people are searching for the same problem.

yes the clutch will not engage if the pressure is too low. take it to a garage and measure the pressure. there is a little valve on the pipe to the condenser, under the cap is something that looks like a bicycle valve. if you feel up to it you can put a bike pump on it (one that has a meter on it) and read the pressure, though i have no idea what pressure it should be, so it would be better to take it to a garage.

they will probably say that they can re gas it for £40 or they can put in magic gas (glows under ultraviolet light) to check for leaks, if they find any you have to pay for the replacement part too and then pay to re gas again.

i didn't like that idea so i got mine re gassed and the clutch engages but its still not actually cold so i dunno, i will sort it some day.

Back