160SR owners, check servo vacuum hose!

R

RedMilly

Checking the engine bay of our ex dealer demo 160SR I found that the brake servo vacuum hose was touching the brake master cylinder body and starting to get worn away.
Further investigation revealed that the hose was not fully pushed onto the stub on the inlet manifold. Doing this and realigning the hose slightly sorted it.
The hose hadn't been worn much but I also fitted some closed cell neoprene foam around the hose in the area near the master cylinder.
I shall probably email Nissan ref this too.
Might be that others should check their's.

RedMilly said:
Checking the engine bay of our ex dealer demo 160SR I found that the brake servo vacuum hose was touching the brake master cylinder body and starting to get worn away.
Further investigation revealed that the hose was not fully pushed onto the stub on the inlet manifold. Doing this and realigning the hose slightly sorted it.
The hose hadn't been worn much but I also fitted some closed cell neoprene foam around the hose in the area near the master cylinder.
I shall probably email Nissan ref this too.
Might be that others should check their's.

pics would help mate,,or a detailed description of where it is

thanks

i had a look myself today and could only see these pipes rubbing.where the yellow line is

Attachments

• Photo-0039..JPG
    Photo-0039..JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 253
the brake servo is the black drum shaped thing that the brake fluid reservoir is attatched to(opposite side from your pic rik). the vacuum hase will be coming out of the 'drum' and go to the inlet manifold somehow. hope this helps you guys.

Back