1 month offline and I can't believe all the new small cars!

cisco

» CMF Member
Mitsubishi COLT Ralliart. 113kw/220Nm from a 1.5. Still weighs 1100+Kg though - blue monster would belt it.

Suzuki Swift Sport - Really cool, funky all round package - still pretty underpowered in my books though - hardly any faster than the stock swift. But still a very cool little car.

Man its all happening. I don't mind the look of the colt, and the price is fairly good. Full recaros and everything inside.

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
yeh they colts are a great car hey.
i took one for a drive the other day amd i love it..... thats prob the only car i would consider buying at the moment.
mitsubishi really outdid them selves with this one.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
hehe

mazda 3 MPS is supposed to be pretty good as well as the XR5 turbo

but yes blue monster still belt them both

i went and bought a S15 200sx, gonna rebuild the micra..nothing special, 4th cylinder isn't happy

cisco

» CMF Member
What the!? You've got a 200sx? Plus you're rebulding the micra's engine?? Or rebuild the whole car?

Way to go!!! Living a life of fast cars mate..

I seriously wouldn't mind one of those COLTS. You can't argue with VVT/MIVEC and Electric Power Steering. All the things I wish I could have got on blue monster. And factory awesome crystal headlights.

Anyone got any specs for one of these little things? I.e. 0-100kmh?

cisco

» CMF Member
pfft K12. Its ugly and they need to make a fast turbo one.

Nissan have lost the performance drive they used to have in the 80s!

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
hey cisco when we gonna meet up for lunch. get sean to have a meet up one lunch time or weekend. id email but cant access yahoo email from work and dunno your email off top of my head. and i dunno if you can access yours from work. ill sms my work emailif ya want

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Yes, that new Ralliart Colt looks like fun..... It would definately be much better than the standard colt which in my opinion is very ordinary.

It's good to see that there's now a growing number of new sporty hatches available on the Australian market. Some of the others I can think of are ;

Citroen C2 VTS
Fiat Punto Dynamic 1.9TD
Volkswagen Polo GTI
Renault Clio Sport
Peugeot 208 GTi 180
Ford Fiesta Zetec
Suzuki Swift Sport

I am also not so keen on the K12. Shame we can't get the K11 "supermarch" like in Taiwan !.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah awesome, its all starting to happen.

I love the flares on that Colt Ralliart too.

Yeah Ed, I agree, the Swift Sport is pretty gutless also. I was more saying its a good thing that they released it as a sign of something finally happening in the Oz market.

But yeah, I really like those little Colts. I would wait until 1 year after they come out. They may fix some things, add more features, reduce the price after 1 year of selling..

The best thing about factory turbo cars is that performance companies design bolt on kits for them that you just go and pay money to have installed - absolutely no stuffing/farting about making custom crap yourself.

I reckon one of those little colts modified to be closer to blue monster's power output would be kick-arse.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
In the local rag,They said the super Swift does 0-100 in 8.39 that is not shabby at all.

As for the Ralliart Colt i'm not sure of the times but the standard colt is 77kw's and the Ralliart version is 113kw's,So it can't be to bad.
I'm sure you could easily twek it up anyway.

cisco

» CMF Member
That's awesome actually from the Swift. Must be pretty light etc huh.

Actually I was doing some searching and found somewhere (not sure how legit it is), that they reckon the Colt is only good for about 8.6secs 0-100kmh. Probably makes sense, it weighs more than 1100Kg. Its a bit of a tank for a tiny car.

Hey Brendo: Are you and Seano coming to my housewarming party?
Because that's on next weekend, let me know. But yeah we have to catch up either way. Later.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
those colt turbos are pretty cool, they come out about a year or 2 ago in uk. not badged as ralliart though, as mitsu dont think they need to be for uk market. almost very nearly bought 1 after a test drive. was worrying about the fact that i would need to rip out the air con etc, and where would i store the parts. in th end got lupo gti, which doesnt have the air con. similar performance really on normal roads as the lupo is 978kg standard, although i have stripped 25kgs out of that now, so 953kgs. no further will be done though. just got a suspension kit fitted handles amazingly sure footed, very flat aswell now. better than the micra even after all the kit i fitted to it.

cisco

» CMF Member
Eww sounds kewl mate..

Yeah I would certainly be doing some big time weight stripping if I got one of those Colts..

I would also want someone to make a bolt-on performance kit for it to run higher boost and stuff by the time I got one. 113kw - bah! Still a top start and you know the pistons and gearbox would be beefy because its a factory turbo car, so more room for hotting it up and running more boost.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
shame the colt still looks like ass. Need a car thats better looking than the K11. lol, and as we all know the k12 does not satisfy that requirement.

Swift might be more common but they're still a nice design.

I'm falling in love with the Polo GTI... The engine is a real little ripper. Over 10 years of modification expertise with that 1.8L turbo over in Europe. Can't beat that.

Also spotted a Citroen C4 VTS today. Looked absolutely farking gorgeous! **** I love french car styling.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah have to kind of agree a bit.

I reckon the swift looks better than the colt.. I think..

Hmm.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:

"Yeah have to kind of agree a bit.

I reckon the swift looks better than the colt.. I think..

Hmm.

Mitsubishi got the mechanical package right.

Suzuki got the styling right. And probably the driving dynamics too.

That seems to be about as far as it goes. :p

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
With the amount of Swifts getting around here in Queensland,I'd be surprised if there isn't a couple of turbo kits floating around.

A mate of mine said he had a swift do a flybuy the other day and sneezed as his VX, Go the boost!

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Looks like Whitey might have some serious competition in the small car market.
Would love to try em all and compare with Whitey but I am sure Whiteys torque down low will still win the day.
Get that Torsen diff into it and be even better.
Nah I ain't tempted by any of them. To me the Colt shape is ****e the Suzuki looks cool but would want more grunt.
Trade all your Micras in guys and gals but I will remain true to the dark side.
Who is with me??

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I'll be with you for at least another 5 years I'd say.

(and I'm serious, nothing under $25,000 appeals to me whatsoever :p so you can be fairly sure that I'm not going to backflip and do a seano :p)

I might wear a pink shirt though.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Cars are overrated

2 wheels is where its at now

But the best thing about the Ralliart Colt is its not all "lets bolt this onto a normal Colt" stuff, its actually assembled separately from the other Colts!

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah that's awesome.

You talking about mountain bikes Seano? Same here! Been doing a bit of cycling - pretty unfit, but getting there and feeling heaps better.

CMF_thesarah

» CMF Member
white knight i dont think any new small car hatch will touch our forced micra's..not standard anyway..so nothing to worry about

don't like the look of the new colt, looks really..busy....nice recaro's inside though!

Back