My mate found these on a rover forum. Really wierd but looking cool on a 350Z

Attachments

• spokelessrims14yv.jpg
    spokelessrims14yv.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,876
  • spokelessrims25da.jpg
    spokelessrims25da.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,476
Not sure how much they would be, its a clear reinforced plastic in the middle. Would look great with big brakes and also on a Micra,lol.

goldstar0011 said:
thye look awesome!!
anyone know how it works? is it some magical force field? :D

See my 2nd post, its a clear reinforced plastic. Although saying its a magical force sounds alot better.

thing is you wouldnt see the wheels moving unless you saw something on the tyre going round haha :) but they look ACE!

I decided to chop them onto my car. Also lowered it and tinted the rear window as thats what its like just now - just no pics yet :-(

Attachments

• Imag0008.jpg
    Imag0008.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 330
they must be only for show use no plastics could resist the stresses that a wheel goes though. esp the power of that car even though for showin off wot suspension and brakes at show is a great idea

i beg to differ mate you have no idea how much technology is used in plastics. planes, boats. hell even spacecraft contains plastics that could support tons. to be honest i think this is the way forward. ver very light, strong, easily cleaned, non corrosive, heat resistant, etc etc

SR_Micra_Boy said:
Seen this on JAS this morning, apparently the plastic is as strong as bullet proff glass.
I guessed it'd be polycarbonate before I read this, I think it's either bulletproof glass or a component thereof. I can't see it being as rigid as an alloy wheel unless it's proper thick.

yeah but if its like 5 inch thick then its gonna be stronger than alloy. if hes got them on and theyre real then i think we can assume that the company that made them dont want a lawsuit so theyre gonnabe tried and tested. if it is a photoshop someone should look into getting a set made up

plastic could easy support to weight of that, the americans and british military are investing in plastic tanks for immediate depolyment, as right now the planes used for transporting tanks can only carry 3 tanks without the top turrets and no ammo or fuel, but with the light weight tanks they will be able to use helicopters to drop then right on the battle field. The plastic tanks will be made of plastic similar strength to metal and the hole hull will be plastic, theres also a lightweight attack ship being made that when its dark and light is shon on it, the light refracts in such a way that it looks like theres nothing there, that ship is also made out of plastic and its for speeding into ports dropping special forces off and leaving undetected, but its prety big ship

It's otherwise a photoshop (threads on other forums point to this, as they mention a guy posting the pictures on my350z and saying it was a photoshop), or they are display wheels.

It may be possible to make plastic wheels to support the weight of a car, but a wheel has to do so much more than just support weight. Braking forces, accelerating forces, bumps, sideways forces, resist heat from discs etc. I don't think it is currently technically possible to produce a wheel with a plastic centre like that, that could be used for day to day driving.

There are Motorcycle rims made out of clear plastic similar to the ones posted, so why not car wheels.

The Motorcycle rims have been on American Chopper several times.

There are many composite materials aroung that could and can be used for a wheels.

Hugh said:
There are Motorcycle rims made out of clear plastic similar to the ones posted, so why not car wheels.

The Motorcycle rims have been on American Chopper several times.

There are many composite materials aroung that could and can be used for a wheels.

was about to post a similar reply :)

Id be very wary of them breaking, but thats probably cos i know what the roads are like around the uk.....they could work fine in america tho, so are most likly real.

Destiny Cycles in this country made a Harley chop with bullet proof glass wheels, there is also a builder in America that built a bike with spokeless and hubless rims, that looked really wierd.

Yes i love those wheels, i was looking into them for my next car :) they arent fake, in an older copy of Banzai theres a R33 with them on, but hes had them slightly grooved, looks sweet. Will try and find a pic of them :) Anyone know how much they cost/where u can get them from?

you could have a go at making them ;)

i was thinking of making a set just for show use, (when the car isn't moving)

get some rims with the bi metal removable centres, then get some HARD CORE perspex and drill plenty of holes in it :) that should do it lol,

Back