what did you do to your micra today ?

Also installed my snap off steering wheel boss
udu5ysam.jpg
y6edumah.jpg

Suzie the Super S

Is it as stiff as you hoped?
the droop is now a tad over 3" neil, so better than stock, but it seems to drive the same removed/stock or uprated o_O (i cant feel any difference in all 3 personally)
maybe the mad oversteer on the red car is down to the matiz front legs ?
if i was to do it again, i would probably go for 25mm thickwall stainless steel tube :) the TI is terrible stuff to cut, grind and drill !

the droop is now a tad over 3" neil, so better than stock, but it seems to drive the same removed/stock or uprated o_O (i cant feel any difference in all 3 personally)
maybe the mad oversteer on the red car is down to the matiz front legs ?
Would you say they're fairly stiff? If its too much you'll find it'll oversteer
Arb's usually only fine tune after shocks/springs are set. So maybe so far your arb's aren't stiff enough to match your rear struts?
Gets more complicated but that's the majority factors :)

Would you say they're fairly stiff? If its too much you'll find it'll oversteer
Arb's usually only fine tune after shocks/springs are set. So maybe so far your arb's aren't stiff enough to match your rear struts?
Gets more complicated but that's the majority factors :)
i think there is a mass of conflicting opinions on handling tbh andy, my povspec setup seemed to keep up with the track-tyred etc cars on the corners at mallory park, we,ll see if i can lift a rear wheel at prescott on sunday eh :)

i think there is a mass of conflicting opinions on handling tbh andy, my povspec setup seemed to keep up with the track-tyred etc cars on the corners at mallory park, we,ll see if i can lift a rear wheel at prescott on sunday eh :)

Yea give it a go. Usually if a springs too stiff and the shocks too then the anti roll bar normally doesn't get chance to shine :)
Aye some conflicting ideas. Only works one way though ;)
A well setup car will always keep up with those on expensive tyres :) firm believer in the fact track tyres hide driver inability :p

You think you got dents in your car, nah, mines been in a smack and most of the damage is still on her :) Love it, nobody parks near me LOL.
WDIDT Fitted my new spoiler, well, cut the fitting bolts off and glued it on, absolutely delighted with the look, gonna spray it tomorrow if its dry.

Hi folks i've not been onm here for a while, i sold the the green micra shown in my avatar a few months ago. Moved to a Honda Civic Sport 2006. Nice car however i had only had it 3 weeks and this IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT in a Asda delivery van scraped down the side of it. All the way down from the drivers rear quarter all the way down to the front and smashed the wing mirror straight off blind git. Any ways car is totalled. waiting on insurance cheque. So i went out and bought myself another k11. 2002 1.4 se+ 114000 on the clock 12 months test and 6 months tax. Suprisingly clean apart for the front bumper has scratches so will need to respray.

After having the 1.0 for nearly seven years the 1.4 seems so much quicker and more responsive, Strangely i'm getting between 10 / 15 mpg more in the 1.4 than i used to get in the 1.0.

Pics will be uploaded when i get a min. Love these k11's can't stay away from them :)

Hi folks i've not been onm here for a while, i sold the the green micra shown in my avatar a few months ago. Moved to a Honda Civic Sport 2006. Nice car however i had only had it 3 weeks and this IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT in a Asda delivery van scraped down the side of it. All the way down from the drivers rear quarter all the way down to the front and smashed the wing mirror straight off blind git. Any ways car is totalled. waiting on insurance cheque. So i went out and bought myself another k11. 2002 1.4 se+ 114000 on the clock 12 months test and 6 months tax. Suprisingly clean apart for the front bumper has scratches so will need to respray.

After having the 1.0 for nearly seven years the 1.4 seems so much quicker and more responsive, Strangely i'm getting between 10 / 15 mpg more in the 1.4 than i used to get in the 1.0.

Pics will be uploaded when i get a min. Love these k11's can't stay away from them :)
That sucks! I'm so glad you're making the best of it though, K11's for the actual win!

Less throttle for the same amount of go in a bigger engine, so less fuel useage. Top gear put a beemer and a prius hybrid around the track, prius went as fast as it could, beemer just had to catch up. Beemer got like twice the MPG's :)

My fuel comsumption has slightly improved. Keeping up with traffic I barely use the throttle :) I do like a little bit of WOT though..

Less throttle for the same amount of go in a bigger engine, so less fuel useage. Top gear put a beemer and a prius hybrid around the track, prius went as fast as it could, beemer just had to catch up. Beemer got like twice the MPG's :)

Yes, the important is not what you drive, but how you drive it.

Since I had these bigger tyres I get around 45mpg with gentle driving, and about 20-25 ish ragging it everywhere. I can make a weeks worth of petrol last 2 days if I'm a bit exuberant

Wdid? Yesterday, got a new mot :) 30 quid, one advisory for low front pads and away we go! One more thing out if the way. Now I can focus on getting new suspension, wiring up my reverse light and shooting off to cornwall for a holiday :)

Wdid? Yesterday, got a new mot :) 30 quid, one advisory for low front pads and away we go! One more thing out if the way. Now I can focus on getting new suspension, wiring up my reverse light and shooting off to cornwall for a holiday :)
I wish, still no MOT here, waiting for a phone call to put this bloody airbag light out. Where you going to in Cornwall, I live in the best-est county in England

I wish, still no MOT here, waiting for a phone call to put this bloody airbag light out. Where you going to in Cornwall, I live in the best-est county in England
St Austell apparently (just checked with my parents), i quite like cornwall myself actually :) mainly for the beaches and pasties mind...

WDID?

Big shout out to @IRNBROO just for being a top bloke and helping me out again :D

Went to scrappies and he took and dials from a 2000+ coilpack micra with revcounter and stuck it in mine. there was only a 100mile difference in the odometers :D

Rev Counters FTW, Realise now iv never been anywhere near the redline, just makes a hell of a lot of noise at like 4krpm :D

In non micra work, i sorted out my new road car (MGZR) and got it all set up and sorted for road use and rally service use.

Pic http://twitter.com/MattEndeanRally/status/368753046055964672/photo/1

First time i have owned a car with such large rims and daft profile tyres (45 profile!), its a 1.4 and has ZR160 brakes.

On the micra i treated the sills with kurust and then painted them black. Luckily the last event we did last weekend had quite a lot of clean gravel which removed al the mud under the car, it also left behind some nice gravel rash to be sorted, but all treated and painted now.

In non micra work, i sorted out my new road car (MGZR) and got it all set up and sorted for road use and rally service use.

Pic http://twitter.com/MattEndeanRally/status/368753046055964672/photo/1

First time i have owned a car with such large rims and daft profile tyres (45 profile!), its a 1.4 and has ZR160 brakes.

On the micra i treated the sills with kurust and then painted them black. Luckily the last event we did last weekend had quite a lot of clean gravel which removed al the mud under the car, it also left behind some nice gravel rash to be sorted, but all treated and painted now.

theres a lad at college had a zr i think his was the 1.8 tho was pretty quick :)

St Austell apparently (just checked with my parents), i quite like cornwall myself actually :) mainly for the beaches and pasties mind...
I live about 30 miles from there, just outside of Falmouth. Only ever go to the beach if its hot and my dogs fancy a swim, dogs are banned in the summer, but I just ignore it. I like pasties too.

Back