The March ST at Santa Pod.....

that is VERY NICE, i couldnt believe you made the car cock its wheel like it did,

when you beat the supra......well that is very amazing

paddymarsden said:
that is VERY NICE, i couldnt believe you made the car cock its wheel like it did,

i remeber doing that in my white k10 a few times :p on closed private roads of course ;)

paddymarsden said:

I did honestly expect that supra to waste me. On the other hand if the ground is good the Toyos are very good grippy tyres, but really it shows up the standard suspension on the ST in yet another area, but to change them would upset the standard comfort on the road, which I dont really want to do.

I wanted too but they stopped behind me, I rushed off to the handling track after so now, I dont know anything about it I'm afraid. Ive heard that there may have been 20mph+ odd headwinds, which explains the dust and slow times through out the day.

ed i'm gutted i missed the handling circuit but 3 wheels. that needs looking into
might even be two.
and when i see my friend whom loves supra's. i know what i'm going to say.
also thought about on the way out but will i be in any trouble about the way i left arnold.

how are you finding the N2O, are you not worried about reliability issues. Have you implemented any measures to protect your engine from melting. TBH ive got a lot of preconceptions about nitrous and have always been warned away from it. How have you mapped the car becuase im assuming the map needs to change in when you hit the nitrous.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
how are you finding the N2O, are you not worried about reliability issues. Have you implemented any measures to protect your engine from melting. TBH ive got a lot of preconceptions about nitrous and have always been warned away from it. How have you mapped the car becuase im assuming the map needs to change in when you hit the nitrous.

Very few people know anything about N2O, most of those who do have incorrect perceptions and myths, those which are not myths are usually from poorly designed systems that look flash, but litreally do go with a bang. The system I have which is a Wizards of Nos system is by far superiour to any other Nitrous system there is, its none of the US Nitrous NOS, Zen, Coldfusion or NX rubbish that all use poorly designed generic components (but have amazing publiciy budgets) the WON system is all specific and about as good as it gets! I have made several changes to make the most of the N2O, but its actually amazingly simple to install, and truly awesome in use. If anyone wishes to know anything more about it feel free to PM me, a 25BHP shot would indeed make a very fast K11 for example..

Ed

ED, i also didnt realise how much work you have put into that car!

(off topic) but did they make the ST in the colour it is now? or is it just one of your own

Just mine :) you wont find any car in my colour, its pure metalic flake ususally put into paint, which is why in certain lights it looks nuts and is hard to photograph lol.

Ed said:
Very few people know anything about N2O, most of those who do have incorrect perceptions and myths, those which are not myths are usually from poorly designed systems that look flash, but litreally do go with a bang. The system I have which is a Wizards of Nos system is by far superiour to any other Nitrous system there is, its none of the US Nitrous NOS, Zen, Coldfusion or NX rubbish that all use poorly designed generic components (but have amazing publiciy budgets) the WON system is all specific and about as good as it gets! I have made several changes to make the most of the N2O, but its actually amazingly simple to install, and truly awesome in use. If anyone wishes to know anything more about it feel free to PM me, a 25BHP shot would indeed make a very fast K11 for example..

Ed

I'd be interested in this Ed, and also which insurer you use (I'm guessing Adrian Flux?) and how it affected your policy!

Cheers

I'm insured through a local broker. They are I must stress they are aware of everything I do! However adrian flux will insure you with N2O and in some cases wont even add a premium to it either. (They have some agreement with WON I think)

When you next planning to get it RR'd? Having a good argument with folk on other sites that its really that quick!

Haha titch, go get em! lol

Mark the black one is sitting waiting to be resprayed. That will be the first stage. It will be even more full on than the silver one, as I shall do inside and out, as its possible that it will be stripped and rollcaged and the silver one will be kept more of a sensible road car. It will return and which ever one gets the main work on it will have a fully modded engine as well as the rest and my aim is of course far in excess of what I have right now, but thats a long way off, I just need to do as I have done already and take it one step at a time, I have more important things such as Fusion Motorsport right now that is becomming my main priority.

:)

Ed

well people it just took me about half hour maybe more to sit and read every page on this thread and i must say it was well worth it.

i loved the vid ed it was sooo cool i done 3 wheels b4 but on my missis dad farm in a banger car lol wouldn't dare attempt it ever again i poohed myself(not literly) lol

well love pics too looked a good time looks like i see ya at donny then hey

well done

LOL!!! James some of those pic's need explaining. Like the one of arnold holding mud which Rich wheel span thru his window!!! That was funny!!! :D

Ok so my Santa Pod times are now online:

I'm B141
http://www.thefastshow.com/rwyb_times06.php?Class=B

http://www.thefastshow.com/handling.htm - look for micra supercharged.

I'm quite pleased with both. Shame the cars are not listed on the RWYB page, but to say I'm over half way up the field in the handling circuit is a result. If I had had another go I bet I could have taken another two seconds off if I took the right lines too. So overall great stuff :)

Ed

omg i feel i have to post on this thread now after reding it all! and looking at all pics and videos etc, last nite i asked james to convert the vid of you on the quartermile track to play on my mobile as i wanted to show it off, as wat a micra can do. thank you so much ed i bow my head to u and i hope to meet u sometime, im sure i will tho!

thanks for the permanent smile i got now jus thinkin bout this car-lol

pepper

PS thank you james for converting video :D

Haha no problem, Lets hope that for everyone trying to go for good power this year that things go well.

Just been looking on the santa pod site, and the March ST was the 11th quickest class B (FWD with Nos/Supercharger/Turbo) on the day. pretty pleased with that :)

Back