The March ST at Santa Pod.....

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Well I got here finally but the track had already been rained off Welly I think has done a 17.4 he will need to confirm that. The car seems to be running great, but its so empty here its unbelieveable - I am not convinced the rain will let off and in which case, what a shame!!

I have taken some pics and uploaded them (whilst on msc camp area ;))

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/santapod/

Just heard bass I think the chav evening has kicked off as James said DJ "wahatssee what what blob blob?!" is now on??? what!?! haha who knows..

Hi Ed.

Gutted it's been rained off! not suprised it's quiet, the main show day is tomorrow.... Hope the weather improves so the club can get some track times.

Kev

Dear me, looks like a ghost town from some of them pics!!! Nice to see the MSC out in force though hehe. Cars are looking good guys. Looking forward to meeting up with you all at Donny again. :) Hope the weather improves for tomorrow.

I expected it to be quiet, but this quiet?!!!!!!!! lol madness.. I woke up Welly eariler with antilag/launch control, HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaa he came out of his tent looking very confused lololl...

Oh another thing, that I was not going to say untill today...
The ST has Nitrous Oxide ;)

!!! :eek: I knew something was going on but you kept that quiet Ed lol!!! :D What times are you looking to get with that on then?? :) Should be an interesting few runs if it dries up tomorrow.

even tho its crap weather it sounds like your having fun..

ED your mad...

and happy camping to everyone thats staying the night..from RIK @ home n the warm :D

well considering eds done everything else to it apart from nos its no surprise to me, bring it back in one piece ed

Ed said:
Oh another thing, that I was not going to say untill today...
The ST has Nitrous Oxide ;)

Ed, you insane crazy man!

I like it lol!

Kev

haha yeah its quite good fun I have had it on the car for the last two weeks. I was hoping today to beable to test and see how well it worked. It seems however nature has other ideas and that wont be happening today - or tomorrow. lol

Lets hope it brightens up Its still raining now. I am currently sitting in the ST and people are sitting in their cars or sleeping. James did some video, Im going to try and upload some of it but I dont think thats likely given the iffy GPRS connection I have (no 3G here)..

Ive attached two images.. In the one of intercooler nearer the camera, you can just see two small pipes red and blue...

Attachments

• IMG_8374.jpg
    IMG_8374.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_8376.jpg
    IMG_8376.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 244
omg look at it pull away :grinning: !!!! thats insane ed!!! :grinning:

whats the top speed you've had out of it with the nos

ive heard Nitrous oxide doesnt increase top speed, jsut acceleration. Plus the ST is limited by gearing, im sure the ST is like 135mph on the limiter in 5th.

Ian

With the old box the limiter in 5th was ~135ish, with these bluebird ratios, it could be closer to 150, but that it just a total guess.
Want to see the vid now then :)

I forgot about this SP visit, kind of glad I couldnt make it now, it looks like it isnt so good! :(

Ed, I cant believe you've fitted nitrous oxide you crazy mad person. Can I just ask a few questions? Is it your own built setup, or a proper kit from someone like Wizards of NOS? Also, how big are the shots you are running, and are you using a progessive nitrous controller?

Cheers mate, looks like your having fun with it anyway!

Also, you've fitted nitrous, but your still running the standard intercooler, surely a FMIC would be beneficial?!

Hi All,
Its been dry today, very very windy (about as most as I've ever seen the pod) I'm currently sitting in the queue for the startline whilst they are having lunch. I have done 3 runs so far, none very good tbh. (and only I think the first was 15.7) I dont know the next two, but the second was ok ish start (too long on the launch control) and i didnt miss any gears was probably just below an average drive. But again with the mad head wind I dont know what time I got I would guess a low 15. 3'rd run with nos this time missed 3rd gear again, (worried im going to break that) I more having a laugh than taking this too seriously as its just too windy and dusy on the the track. Im not getting traction untill 3rd gear. Infact it was so bad i thought I had nos on on the first run due the the crazy amounts of wheelspin. The race fuel seems great. I have needed to map it richer than normal, but no signs of knock at all so on the 4th run I have advanced the ignition a bit, and hopefully ill change gear right and see how it goes then.. I dont have any pics at the mo, im sure others do. James also ran and I think he got a 17s something

The ST feels strong but I just need to try and pull it all together. Still have another 3 runs left and if I have time ill post later about how I get on...

The nos kit is a Wizards of Nos kit. They are simply there best out there. Its wired into the e-manage and is a 25bhp single stage shot that comes in at 2500 rpm at 90% throttle or above. With the cooling effect on the inlet temp from the intercooler I should expect if the turbo is not too restrictive upto 220bhp now. Either way the increase in mid range power is simply unreal. The people who follow with interest this car would probably be amused to know that if the roads are damp I get wheelspin now in 4th gear... and torque steer is unreal - virtually impossible to keep in a straight line!

Ed

I have to add also that yeah I have had some very funny comments, and simply disbelief untill I have shown that yes it does have a turbo - and supercharger - and nos, and yes it is only 1.0 hahaha :) All good fun :)

yes james did ill upload later :) (stuck in m1/25 traffic lol)

Ed said:
yes james did ill upload later :) (stuck in m1/25 traffic lol)
LMAO I thought you were on the laptop then!! :D

I'm back now, but Ed has the Firewire cable in his car so the capturing will have to wait till he gets back from his mum's at 11pm. Have another cool video of his ST doing something other than drag racing which was fun :)

All in all Sunday wasn't too bad, except the awful traffic on the M1 and M25 grr had 3 runs (my first ever 3) and had loads of fun doing them, even if i DID only manage 18.2 (but I blame the conditions + mud + headwind).

Roll on the summer and Japshow! (25th June ;))

James

who hoooo home now. lol What shall i upload first? santa pod run or the test track :)

Lol, awesome videos there. How well did you do on that handling circuit?

My apologies to mulbers about forgetting to bring his side skirts along!! feel very bad about that, but i'l PM you for your address etc and we'l sort something out.

Some very amusing things this weekend like that 12 second 'standard' corsa. Also, i dont think i've run that far in ages (Ems & Rich know what im on about!!).. and my heads still sort from headbutting the window, thinking it was down, when i tried to speak to Mulbers!!! LOL.. also some funny antics going on on the surrey modified stand.

Anyways, i'l get my pictures up later. Looking forward to Donny now!!

Arnold

Arnold said:
Anyways, i'l get my pictures up later. Looking forward to Donny now!!

Arnold

He he - will be fun to say the least!

Ed- your car is amazing! Have you ever contacted the guy that you bought it from to show the progress you've made with it? Bet he'd cry haha

Titch said:
Ed- your car is amazing! Have you ever contacted the guy that you bought it from to show the progress you've made with it? Bet he'd cry haha
How weird is that?? I suggested that to him on Friday! Great minds eh Titch? ;)

James said:
How weird is that?? I suggested that to him on Friday! Great minds eh Titch? ;)
Very True 3 can Dan :)

Man - i think i now love this car. Owning a Supra!! Thats the best bit of Micra Footage i've ever seen, this car dosen't just get respect - it demands it! I Want a strip for Donny now, to shut some folk up! Aww its so cool! Ed, you gotta take me out for a blast in it at Donny, i really wanna see what its like!

Donington Park has a test circuit, and I think that's gonna be open at Donny, so we could at least see some more 3-wheel action ;) :D

James said:
Donington Park has a test circuit, and I think that's gonna be open at Donny, so we could at least see some more 3-wheel action ;) :D

Really? I never thought they'd have anything, hmm

*ponders cranking down coilovers and stiffing up the dampers for some Saxo Owning*

Mark said:
i want a super turbo :grinning:

if your serious about it mark i can give you the contact details for the guys that were going to import one for me, about 3k on the road was the rough price and that included mot 6 months tax importing the lot ;)

Speedle said:
if your serious about it mark i can give you the contact details for the guys that were going to import one for me, about 3k on the road was the rough price and that included mot 6 months tax importing the lot ;)

Only 3K? Thats not to bad tbh :D

Thanks for the comments everyone. Althogh I didnt set any new sp times, it was a fun weekend. I hope that the videos bring a smile to yourface as fellow micra owners as that is what its all about :) You would not believe how tiring that handling circuit was, after 3 laps i was exhausted, i couldnt get from lock to lock fast enough. As for how I did - I dont really know, I know that on the page I was written down on I was around 15seconds/lap faster than a clio 182 and a golf V5. Apparently I did ok but I was more interested in having some fun as I have never had the opportunity to do something like that before. It felt much faster in the car than on the video lol, shame the handbrake didnt work better :)

As for future engine mods, yeah definately. At the moment my engine is still standard - which totally amazes me. (I should probably also be more worried than I am) Standard headgasket, pistons, conrods, head, manifolds etc. By modifing all these I could see extreme gains in power, over what it has now. I also have to say that those videos do make the ST look quite nuts, but it is alot more powerfull than a standard one (probably nearly twice). In all trughfull ness a standard ST is very similar in performance to a VTS.

Back