JAE 2006 - The pics, goss, the damage and all things JAE!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi all.

Mini report for you here, we are back home after what I can only describe as an eventful day at JAE. We are setting back in about 40mins.

The day began with moving the MSC stand due to a poor layout right next to the fireworks, good one JAE, also some of us had pitched up tents there also, so they had to be moved.

We relocated to another stand which was in fact probably slightly better in position and closer to the camp site. Tents were put up again and the day really began.

The MSC gazebo has been with us at JAE for the past 4 years and this was put up in the middle of the stand, everything nicely sorted with banner, flags, posters etc etc.

We even had a member travel all the way from Germany to make it to the show with rather a stunning K11!!! We actually had more arrive then first thought, which was great, although a few faces didn't make it.

The day was actually better then forecasted and really hot and sunny. It got to about 3pm and we went off to the get the BBQ stuff. Whilst there we spotted dark clouds and lighting and I even said I hope that's not over us.

What happened next I don't think any of us could have anticipated and been prepared for..... :glance:

The phone rings, the MSC gazebo is taking off shouts James down the phone, but they have it under control. The next thing the phone rings again and it's Arnold saying our tent is taking off. We then abandon the BBQ food and head back as quickly as we could from the Supermarket.

Well, to say we had ambulances on site taking two slightly injured to hospital with injuries sustained from flying gazebo's and tents. Arnold and Ems lost there tent, but managed to save ours, well done both!!! It has been described as a mini hurricane sweeping through the show ground, certainly never been a JAE quite like this one :S

Anyway, not to be deterred, a gazebo down and few tents damaged and 2 members without clothes, the club BBQ went ahead in the evening, even if some couldn't wait for it be cooked!!! moaning or what lol! :p

The evening kicked off the with the JAE fireworks, which full credit to Ed and his team, they were fantastic, a real show worthy of JAE

Pics and more to come when we get back later today.

Kev

sorry kev.. i seen this storm on the way back to leicester (wel infact i drove straight thru the sod, and yeah it was like a hurricane).. i was going to tell you as at first i did think it was heading to JAE but i thought in the end it was heading a different direction + i didnt think it was "gazebo lifting" kinda strong. was still gna txt but i fell to sleep soon as i got home (i didnt fancy stopping the car in the storm, having seen lightening hit a good few trees on the way home)

still glad u got thru it all ok ;) and had a good time in the end!

Woah, sounds nasty!!! :eek: Shame I couldn't make it this year, I would have liked to have been there. Hope you are all having a good time, and I look forward to seeing some pics. :)

Glad to hear no1 was hurt, cudnt make it 2day cause got 2much to sort out and the weather wasnt the best, cant wait to see photo's!Hope every1 has a gud day 2day

hahaha weather was a rite laugh,,we didnt even have ours pegged down and we did it in the rain and gale force winds...still wet now

our tent almost flew away lol, we had to put it down in the hail and bad winds, rich micra twister was just sat in his car laughing lol. after all that we had to sleep in the car.

still was a very good event tho and we will be planning on going next year.

Posting from my work desk atm, but ouch! :(

The Talkaudio T14 meet (yesterday) had similar problems, with 2 hours of full-on rain and wind, the JVC gazeebo took off, along with air compressor for inflatable areas, knocked someone out/over, and smashed over the top of the few cars.

I wish I could have been at either of them, but after reading that, I bet my little tent would have taken off! :(

Hope everyone is ok.

anyone got pics on comp yet?.

19644c3a80a186c0.jpg

19644c3a7e4d4680.jpg

19644c3a81dcaa83.jpg

i have some videos of us playing football in the storm..really funny
i will get them up on youtube later

:laugh: haha what a quality weekend that was, just got home and had the nicest shower EVER lol,

Aye, we camped away from the micra stand as last year I don’t think our manner was appreciated. Figured it was fairest on everyone if we just camped away and came over and said hi etc.

Was a blinder of a car show, the hurricane was awesome, two of ours tents went down lol. Ended up getting rid of one and using it to fix the other ... genius, even with one tent missing we managed ok once the weather had settled. My tent survived "just" so i was chuffed haha. and our other mates tent (the smallest) that we were all laughing at on the first day was 100% fine, didn’t even budge, that showed us for laughing.

Cars were brilliant, fireworks were amazing and the guys that camped next to us rocked, right funny ba####ds! However they did get kicked out on Sunday morn for doing doughnuts ALL night, security ended up catching them at about 3/4am on Sunday morn. Boo! :glare: (kill joys)

Spoke to a couple at the micra stand but very briefly as we were generally going somewhere etc. Saw, Kev, alienfish? Welly, Rich and Paddy. Also spoke to Mik what a top bloke he is, 12 hours travel o_O legend :)

Saw Riks car but didn’t see him, actually I did but I think that was when he was leaving. (driving the opposite direction) your cars looking mint mate. Low as #### lol

Beer and laughs was the story of the weekend, had a ball.

We arrived on Friday at about 9pm in the end, various stresses on the way down but got there in the end. Had a shandy or two on fri night, then up and filming on sat then rain! then more beer and more film, then fireworks

What else, managed to get a free meal too, that was cool so much nicer when its free lol. watched the fireworks then went off to the "disco" and it looked like a set from phoenix nights! thought f-that and went off for a wander, then back for a BBQ at about 11/12 evening.

Got a load of good footage too so ill get a vid compiled and post a link up too.

I would have come over and chatted for longer but the rain got in the way and as I said was kinda pre-occupied with filming and drinking etc

Hope everyone had a great weekend too and all got home safe.

Cant wait for next year already

What a weekend, had planned to come over and have a proper drink and say Hi but ended up running around flitting between my two main clubs :D

THanks to the guys putting up the tents on Friday afternoon for passing on the three small flags I dropped off! Hope they'll be of some use :D

Another awesome JAE, the weather all added to the fun, had someone i've never met help save my tent from blowing away, was dry in the end which is the main thing and had a blast, absolutely knackered now so very ealry night in order :D

heres some pics of thew weekend :D was a great time im shatterd and my feet hurt!! so much to walk around and see.. tried to chat to everyone...

IMG00002.jpg

IMG00003.jpg

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

IMG00007.jpg

IMG00010.jpg

IMG00011.jpg

IMG00013.jpg

IMG00014.jpg

this was the veiw as the storm rolled in :-
IMG00016.jpg

IMG00017.jpg

it came in really quick i thought we were just up for abit of rain as did most people!! untill the wind hit and took everyones tents!! the 100nx gazebo tookoff flew 20feet and i think that was the one that caused injury!

Was a very good show, I ended up just coming for the Sunday as i was working on Saturday :(

Loads of nice cars there everywhere!! It was great to see all the lads again *waves* great selection of Micra's congrats to all who won the trophies...

Nis.

Oops, forgot to thank the guy (whose name I've forgotten) in the Silver K11 parked next to the Orange K11 for pointing people out and putting names to faces (althoguh also forgotten them all lol)...

To little time, to much alcohol !!

JAE was great fun this year!! had a right laugh, met loads of members from here and Jap N Crazy was good.

got told off for speeding :suspect: oops a daisy, sorry officer, won't happen again.

Type-R said:
JAE was great fun this year!! had a right laugh, met loads of members from here and Jap N Crazy was good.

got told off for speeding :suspect: oops a daisy, sorry officer, won't happen again.

Yeh well were bk..sorry for being ignarant guys but twas fun...esp watching all you guys hold on to that gizebo thingy while me and rich were weeing ourselfs laughing in the car!! sorry but no way i was gonna get soaked!

Was nice to put faces to names and Type_R thanks for my lift lol

Cant believe amandas percy it done her proud we got down about 3am after my night on the town so I was worse for wear when I arrived :)

Hmm I spent the day at Farnborough, for the airshow...

I couldn't help but think that car show's did a better job in general!!

Hi all!

I have lots of pics of the MSC stand and a short video that I will be editing over the coming days.

Today was a cool day, weather was much better or should I say much safer lol! I think everyone was extremely tired and washed out from the day before, I know I was.

So much went on through the weekend it's hard to express everything, overall good weekend and certainly a JAE different from any other. Some highlights from Saturday night, I'll let the relevant people fill you in.

We had a great end to the day as everyone was leaving the show ground the weather really improved. We decided to start up the BBQ's and use up the remaining food and just chilled out at the end of day and watched people leaving.

I would like to thank everyone for attending the weekend and sticking with it on Saturday afternoon.

I hope the people who won trophies are pleased with them, photo's to follow.

After months of planning this event I think I've just come to a stop now, so much to organise in the last few days, I have done nothing else all week. At least I'd booked a week's holiday from tomorrow :D

Sorry if I didn't get round to speaking to you all, usuall thing where of not getting much free time to chat to people.

Nice to meet new faces this year as there certainly many, thanks for the making the effort, hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Big thanks to Mik for making a massive effort in coming over from Germany and I'm soo pleased you left with best in show. Truely deserving and showed in more so in the amount of votes you got, almost a clean sweep.

JAE club awards

Best in Show - Mik
Show & Shine - Squarepants
Best Install - Arnold
Unique Modification - 59bhp is more then enough's brother (door cards)

over and out lol!
Kev

This is James today, he had all of 3 cans last night!

and some other photo's I took on my phone.

Attachments

• DSC00208.JPG
    DSC00208.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 529
  • DSC00209.JPG
    DSC00209.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 664
  • DSC00163.JPG
    DSC00163.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 479
  • DSC00164.JPG
    DSC00164.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 439
  • DSC00178.JPG
    DSC00178.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC00165.JPG
    DSC00165.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 448
  • DSC00181.JPG
    DSC00181.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC00186.JPG
    DSC00186.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 496
  • DSC00188.JPG
    DSC00188.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 523
  • DSC00174.JPG
    DSC00174.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 519
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No... it an msc gazebo with four members attached!

and phil, dont be mean! poor james! and he threw up all over his nice shiny paint work!

Yeah, nice one Mik, great K11 glad you won best in show with that!

Just a thanks to Kev for organising it and the food from the BBQ I was starving on Saturday night, and even managed to beat Ed to some food earlier too!!

Had a great time, drive home was good and was nice to see some people again and some new people too!

I even managed to soak James with a bucket of water, and nail him on drunken dodgems :D

I'm sure James will post the in action shots of the weather!

Talking of James..... I just got a text off him

"Feeling better now, no thanks to you and that bloody hammer! :p"

Not that I was hitting him over the head repeatadly with it while he was hungover or anything :D

haha 4 cans for 88p :D Tasted like shandy made with water!!

Ian said:
he threw up all over his nice shiny paint work!

not once, not twice, not even three times! But four!!!!! or was it five?!!!!!!!!! :D

:grinning: HI...Me and my Bro Got to JAE at about 3.00pm Just to have a look around ond Hopefully meet some of the crew.....When we got to the MSC stand Gemma 'Sleepy head' and Rich Both welcomed us and introduced us to the Crew (very nice people). The Cars looked great even the ''Nissan Corsa'' :laugh: But you Guys coulda Talked to me abit more...Didnt really know anyone or what to say.

Hada Quick chat to Arnold and Ems....Very nice n frendly and Soaking wet :laugh: Next year ill be in my Own car instead of my brothers van :D

Hada Good Time anyway hears a Few pics.

Attachments

• DSC00147.JPG
    DSC00147.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 480
  • DSC00143.JPG
    DSC00143.JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 436
  • DSC00145.JPG
    DSC00145.JPG
    379.5 KB · Views: 450
Mik - Sound guy, great effort, hope you have fun in France!

Was good to get to meet Nis too another sound guy, funny too!

And the rest bit tired atm to carry on, and I am not fat that seat had a manufacturing defect!!!

yeah was the best car show i have ever been to. everyone on the MSC stand was awsome and i had a fanastic time. had to drive down in storm and was doing 40 on the A1 (wasnt funny)

anyways i cant wait for next year and hopefully we can have a few more micras there.

Haha yeah was really bad on the way home....Saw like 3 cars at the side of the road (crashed in to the Barrier) we was goin 60 - 65 in ma Bros Van until on a corner we (aqaplained across to the other side of the road) :eek:
After that he didnt go over 45 :D

Just before we got home we saw a proper chav in what i think was a nova he was standin at the side of the road with another car parked....i looked down n i saw his Smashed up nova gone down the field ended up in the bottom in a load of bushes :laugh:

fantstic weekend. thanks to all whom organized it.
jae 2007 put me down, all ready got ideas buzzing around in my head for best mod.

and kev i don't know how you did but ever time i sore you, there was always a smile on your face. (respect madly for your dedication).

the drunking dodgems was fantastic. the weather could only have been british. it was so hot that a whole bottle of barcardi evaported in the boot of my car as being youg and innocent i was only on fruit jucies.

also to follow. how to put up a tent with a nissan jack, featuring kev red handed.

only bad think of the weekend. was 5 1/2 hours getting there. sat nav said 2 1/2.
once thanks to everyone for a great weekend no matter what happened

Looks like it was a fun weekend and great pics. Well done Mik on winning best in show and to the rest who won awards.

Whos was the black Micra with the badboy bonnet just near Raceworxs car?

that black car was sex on wheels!

RIK said:
layla..think you was talking to my mate that you thought was me.

davety..cheers,

lol no you were looking busy under the bonnet and i had noone else to talk to

Back