• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project "Charlie"

Status
Not open for further replies.
the CG,s are 45mm eh karl, so your GA 15 one is over 20% bigger iirc :cool: and is it the only one in the country ?

i knew someone would correct me lol.... i think i may be or at the very least the only one on a micra, i've read plenty of threads talking about it just none (yet) actually doing it...

i'd be more than happy to be proved wrong

thats a couple of presents for the car ordered... just cant tell the missus

corsa b coilovers which frank has kindly said he'll "fix" for me (Y) and a little summet i don't want to share untill the weather gets better so it can be fitted

001.jpg

massive thanks to Mark for this

a little present for the car turned up today, but now i'm unsure about fitting them after elliot's encounter with a tree after fitting his mmmm

047.jpg

also had this fitted in the car for a month or so and i want to know why we never got them in this country..... they are so handy

026.jpg

hehe no snow in this pic (Y)

yes they are frank....

049.jpg

a pic of them out of the rail, i was going to swap them over about ten minutes ago but it got dark really quickly and it felt like i was going to round off one of the screw heads, so that'll be a job for either monday or tuesday next week :down:

i had to use mole grips to shift eliot,s screws mate fwn once you crack them 1/8th of a turn they screw out a treat
and those are probably better suited for the CG,s eh, you may not suffer the overfueling that the black (198cc) ones sometimes give ?

i'll have to get some mole grips first i don't know why i don't have any fwn.... they'll go well with the throttle body aswell, i'm more than likely wrong but it looked like the rail was a straight swap aswell

hmm i don't know whether to be happy or not, corsa coilovers turned up today but they look like they're 2nd or 3rd hand
packaging
001-1.jpg

front springs
002-2.jpg

003-5.jpg

004-2.jpg

not to fussed by the rears as i wont be using them
oh and frank are we still good for the 27/28th?

didn't look like they had ever been used so you're right frank nowt to worry about(Y), i'll come up on the 27th with my box of goodies should be able to get to yours early(ish) morning

now i don't know if this is normal so feel free to tell me... turned headlights on main beam (dipped) and turned fogs on but they didn't come on but they do if my headlights are on high beam??

now i don't know if this is normal so feel free to tell me... turned headlights on main beam (dipped) and turned fogs on but they didn't come on but they do if my headlights are on high beam??

mine do that! I thought some person might have wired them up to do that because it looks cool.

Little bit dodgy though cause I was taught not to use main beam in fog and if I was driving around with main beam people would flash me all the time

i thought with them being called driving lamps there safe to drive with? like at any time as if when you have your dipped beams on or even just side lights...

and it was fog lights which are illegal when fog is crap visability

it's safe to say i love my missus got an awesome present off her yesterday....
1970's record player :grinning:
010.jpg

i'm only in my 20's and i love the sound of vinyl's (Y)

Massive update :D spent most of today with (watching) frank getting corsa coilovers on, will put pics up either tomorrow or wednesday but lets just say both me and frank were very surprised with how close a match they were

corsa coilovers ftw

nice one cant wait for some piccies should ghet a little guide going of how to make em fit then im sure hell of alot more people will be doing the mod themselves!

nice one cant wait for some piccies should ghet a little guide going of how to make em fit then im sure hell of alot more people will be doing the mod themselves!

they,re pretty straight forward to fit will (Y) and very strong/secure too

humm as it was said somewhere else some people lack common sense

like me for instance

i hate working alone i prefer some sort of guide or someone there just to keep me ion right direction... i hate it otherwise and i FAIL!

Inspired by the easiness of fitment i have just bought some from the same place as you..i think..did you mention the damaged box in your feedback..?!

Looks like it could be an option for me aswell.
If i can get the car back up to running par again :glare:

As Ed (noddie) said don't expect a comfy ride, but my god does it handle better

Just need to fit 22mm arbs next weekend (weather permitting)

oooooooohhhh right some pics of the whiff of success
you still got the rears? can be adapted for someone elses fronts?
if the handlings anything like pollyp described i'd be happy if not buzzzzzing

oooooooohhhh right some pics of the whiff of success
you still got the rears? can be adapted for someone elses fronts?
if the handlings anything like pollyp described i'd be happy if not buzzzzzing

Still got the rear springs and cups but they of no use to a micra and I doubt you'd be able to modify them for the fronts

The handling is quite something going from stock to driving on rails was quite weird and now my omp strut brace has a purpose

what model corsa are they from?

another question, wht needed modifying for them to fit?

and do the rear shocks fit the micra?

ok so i'm home now and realised i didn't actually take that many pictures *doh*

anyway heres pictures i did take

how close a match the bolt holes are
006-2.jpg

how much shorter they are
004-3.jpg

size difference between the micra (black) and corsa (yellow) rear struts
009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

on this one \/ you can see how much wider the bottom of the corsa rears are, they'll need grinding down and the mounts need widening when fitting and smaller bolts as the corsa rears have a smaller diameter bush
011-1.jpg

brake hose mount welded onto c/o
012-1.jpg

Ecellent work.

Now come on, lets have a full front 3/4 at least of how you drove it home once fine tuned!

I'll get a pic of how it's sitting in the morning tried earlier but the pic came out really dark :down: the rear is a little higher than the front but I like it

U can up or down the front when u want its an coilover ?

they,re not really height adjustable mailys, you can gain a bit of height if you increase the preload (tho that makes them even stiffer :eek:)
you could lower them about 30mm if you use the spring helpers (but i doubt you will want to lower these tho lol)
polly p,s are true height adjustable ones, where B is the height adjusting collar, and A is the preload adjustment eh

Attachments

• coilover (12)..JPG
    coilover (12)..JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 671
Thanks for this information frank
So u make the top of the standard suspension micra on new corsa for the front and on the rear ?
I wait rear view :p
Good job (Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back