Nissanubaru Micra WRX i'll explain

Dug out an old friend today ;)
1379846637527.jpg

New crank bearings today, oil pump, water pump and cambelt :D
But dubber-itis has hit me so I'm not doing it ;) got a fair bit of work for me to do :/

New crank bearings today, oil pump, water pump and cambelt :D
But dubber-itis has hit me so I'm not doing it ;) got a fair bit of work for me to do :/
That's not dubber-itus, you have an excuse ;)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Couple of cars tweaked up yesterday. Both of which were too low and too stiff and other bits but that's the jist of it.
Following the super low and stiff trend is actually making you slower and more prone to accidents

Anyway the engine is back in one piece. I asked for pictures to be taken but I got "oh yeah I forgot"... to which I replied "the msc shalt not be pleased with your incompetence"

Anyway I've actually got more to do today again... so no real progress here apart from all tge steel has now been cut for the tunnel. My replacement rear axle arms have been finished. The rear axle mounts also made too. So I can get that mounted properly when I get free time.

I have an entire book on how to build a nissanubaru... yet I dont read my own work and research... silly boy

I agree with all this too low and too stiff crap. I will go low but still have my swing arms facing down or flat. Once they start facing the sky thats when the handling is completely ruined. Or so I have been told. Had someone explain it to me once went in one ear and out the other.

Loving this build thread though. Wish you all the luck as well!

It's bump steer with tie rods, with them facing up, bumps make them go even higher, they move in an arc and it shortens the effective length of the steering linkage and so pulls wheel in, causing it to turn relative to the other wheel. Not THAT much of an issue imo though at my ride height

It's bump steer with tie rods, with them facing up, bumps make them go even higher, they move in an arc and it shortens the effective length of the steering linkage and so pulls wheel in, causing it to turn relative to the other wheel. Not THAT much of an issue imo though at my ride height
I could feel it in my old micra which was as low as I could get it. Mainly down roads around me. Hit a series of bumps and my car was all over the road.

You'll notice the upward travel is severely limited on pretty much all cars. By going too low you limit the movement of your wishbones which is vital for cornering.
Wheels toe out with bump steer. A wishbone moves up and down in said arc. The suspension however doesn't it remains straight. This then pulls on the hub on upwards travel causing toe out. Demanding more length from the tie rods. Typically its countered as the other side drops and toes in. This motion is your bump steer

In relation to a car going too low... you demand from both tie rods at the same time. Coupled with no/little give from the wishbones/ball joints. Again added to this "super stiff is better" trend its a lethal setup. Fact.

Your car is low but not to the point its dangerous. Plus you said its toeing out as part of your setup which aids your tie rods. Only reason I waffled is because you love this suspension stuff :p

Long time since I wrote anything on here.
So before its gets mothballed in a dark corner I'll update it a little bit

Progress wise there's been little to none physically. But progress of a car isn't always physical
Had a lot of plan changes from the original so I intend to implement those soon

Things I've been looking at are the use of the car etc and that will determine how its built.

As you know I'm a rally nut. But I dont think this car will meet a rally stage. Its a proper one off with what will be many a custom part and I dont wanna risk it out there in the forests

So its gonna be a sprint car. No one to bump into and still gives the car chance to properly stretch its legs.

I toyed with the idea of a touring car but to build that I'm straying away from the micra scene

And i got a nice price , so ill allocate that money to the k10 :)
Or a k10 ......... Hmmm

Also im very keen to see the work needed on the back of car for subaru gear :p JAE 2014 ???
Thinking , if i can ill show up there too so id love to see it :p

And i got a nice price , so ill allocate that money to the k10 :)
Or a k10 ......... Hmmm

Also im very keen to see the work needed on the back of car for subaru gear :p JAE 2014 ???
Thinking , if i can ill show up there too so id love to see it :p
Put some money into this K10 :D

Its good fun but its difficult. Not like swapping an engine and driveshafts... literally rebuilding the entire car.. rear axle setup is all dependant on the gearbox and the prop angle :)

It will soon pick up. And it will make JAE2014... so be there :p

Nope be last minute job :p if i get called to my college phase during jae i can only take holidays for on the job cant use them during off the job :(

Back