Nissanubaru Micra WRX i'll explain

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Skip to this page for the proper build
http://www.micra.org.uk/index.php?posts/706304
If you wish to read from the start then here you go...

Hi guys,
After recently completing my ga16 conversion on my k10 build me and a friend of mine were looking at the engine bay of both my micra and his subaru and i sorta thought... What about an impreza powered micra

Firstly I really really promise to create a build blog soon as i can.. im sure ive promised before... Its currently gone for a full rollcage

Anyway.. What are your thoughts?
I've heard of a 4wd drive system from an old subaru justy put onto a k10 and the little 1.0l engine
But i wanna go a little further.. Obviously the subaru itself is a totally different size and at the mo its an idea.. but im really considering it once the ive finished the bike carbed, turbo'd, ga16 k10 rally car project thing ive got going on now

I will wait for comments and remarks of either how good an idea it is or how crazy i am

Last edited:
I've always joked about grabbing everything out of those little 4x4 Scoobies and whacking it in my K10!
Sounds like a challenge to me mate! Give it a go!

We've got thoughts of how we could get it working.. custom driveshafts and propshafts arent a problem just will it physically fit lol... we've seen a skyline engine in a k10 and k11 and that looked fun.. im fairly excited.. the scooby boys think im mental anyway but thats what dreams are made of :D

I can see my rally car attempt at the k10 will get built, ditched and onto this

That clio is a bit awesome.. I like the idea of that. Hopefully with nissan being japanese and subaru being japanese they should work a little better together.. That's only a guess.

The first k10 is nearing completion after which this project shall begin :D

I do promise you all... although it will be slowww progress looking at the clio project

Grab this months Banzai mag, there's an article about a similar conversion although the two cars were more similar than a K10 and a Justy.

I'll go fetch one now
It's looking good guys so far going through the planning stage now. Measuring everything up.. Once were happy it's go buy some donor cars time
I know it's not going to be as simple as this but the overall idea is plonk the rear workings on the micra and the front but a custom prop. Possibly a space frame front

Hi all,
Short but sweet update for you.
Metal has been purchased to space frame the front.. Were getting all the small things out the way so as soon as we get the donor cars we can get straight on it.

A deadline and reveal date has been set... JAE 2013. I've never been to JAE before so it only seems fitting to represent (hopefully they'll let me) the micra club in this one of a kind micra

Looking for your thoughts on this one... the 2ltr boxer engine should fine by itself but.. Turbo or no turbo?

I've seen pictures before of a rear wheel drive k10.. can anyone point me in the right direction so i can see how that was put together?

Small update for you
Firstly I'll say it's going to take a longggg time, because of alot of other things going on. It gets put to the bottom of the list everytime
However.. The micra donor is being stripped down to nothing
The subaru donor is yet to arrive. We do have some running gear so we can at least test fit the rear. Other than that there's nothing more to say or show you

Would anybody like a small update? On the atomic scale?

IT MOVED... But wait before you all explode into picture and video demands
Firstly it was about 6 inches...
There's still alot of work to do in terms of lining up all the shafts correctly. Re making strut tops to accompany the subaru struts
Permanently mounting the engine in the right place.. etc etc i could go on all night... But we are cracking on. I left the lads in the workshop to carry on with the work (i had to go home for reasons i wont bore you with)

Also as its so different and a totally unique car we've all decided to keep it under wraps until were ready for a big reveal for you all.
JAE seems an appropriate place but maybe next when were all built up to attend

However if this does leave too many people in fits of tears we may have to put a small sneak peek on

Ok so we've had a fettle about in the spare time. Turns the gearbox is noo good.. no reverse. And it's not running all that well. That I'm not too bothered with as its getting a rebuild soon as the space frame mount is complete.
I think we've got a dodgy loom too which isn't helpful
I'm stuck on the intercooler do I have a top mount and scoop? Or the traditional fmic?
Another thing I was looking into was a respray in scooby blue or keep it as sleeper as possible?

After this week (I'm rebuilding a ga today) I'm on with the rebuild of this ej engine. I might throw some sneaky unrevealing pictures in too

You know I'm almost tempted to put some up. I feel horrible keeping you all out of the loop.... but it makes for a better surprise :D
Hmmm ok ok next week or week after I'll give you something I promise you all

Just been given an idea by one of the lads.... what about one of those exhaust shot sound thing videos? So you can hear it and partially see it?

Nobody said anything about giving you full on reveal pictures ;)
Just teaser ones :D
Tbh mate you need to give the people something or they may get bored and think, and no offence intended here, that you're full of $h1t :oops: Nothing more annoying than being teased with the thought of a great project, which this one sounds like, then nothing comes of it ;)

It shall do. Its costing me enough but I totally get what you mean. Just like my ga project took me two years to get that up online :oops:

Reveal whatever you want when you want :D the more you reveal the better, even if unfinished (without giving too much away too soon!)
It's always nice to see progress as oppose to a finished thing as anything is better than nothing.. whenever it is you decide to show something :)

Just been given an idea by one of the lads.... what about one of those exhaust shot sound thing videos? So you can hear it and partially see it?
Yeah could stick an exhaust vid on - two brids one stone :D

Reveal whatever you want when you want :D the more you reveal the better, even if unfinished (without giving too much away too soon!)
It's always nice to see progress as oppose to a finished thing as anything is better than nothing.. whenever it is you decide to show something :)

Yeah could stick an exhaust vid on - two brids one stone :D

Thanks man makes me feel better. I like to get on with the build and get the job done then build a blog up about it. Especially as its a works project a blog isn't exactly top of my list when I'm on it. Or even pictures sometimes

I hope you all haven't lost faith. It is happening just slowly as its not a shop priority. Plus its not exactly bolt on :D

Yea ok we'll do an exhaust vid when we can. Get it pieced up and fired up :)

Engines out and being stripped for rebuild. That knock was clearly worse than we thought. Piston rings on cylinder 3 appears to be next to none existent and its left some nasty marks on the cylinder. The other 3 seem ok though which is a relief, at worst a new block. Hopefully a simple cylinder bore and hone will bring it up.
Also appears we've caught just in time as the head gasket is also look sorry for itself on the right bank. Glad its getting a rebuild.
I'd say a month and the work pace will pick considerably on this until more work comes in. Sooo without giving you nothing anymore i'll start up a build blog for you all to follow. I've got pictures from the start so we'll start there and i'll update it as and when i remember :)

We've got a 1987 1.2 Justy van in the family, bought from new. The 4WD on this is electrically engaged and works a treat in loose conditions. One day I'll get my hands on it to restore it.

It's an interesting project you've got and I love well done conversions so can't wait to see it. Personally, when I do something worth showing I always keep the story a good few steps behind reality as a content buffer.

Thats how I like to do it. Makes putting the thread together easier and can explain what was and wasnt easy. How we went about it and all that :) and when I take a break the story may progress

This is such a good idea. I told my dad about this, as I have a Micra and he has a WRX. He said 'Its like our two worlds have met' how poetic. Will be watching this with a close eye.

Little update... I've just bought a spare engine. This engine also has a rattle but its a recent rattle and the engine was replaced as soon as it was discovered. So I'm fairly confident its going to be in fairly good condition
Doing some research but I believe stumbled on either a WRX or an STi engine minus a few bits.... hmmm... for £50... thanks very much
Got pictures and everything too but won't let me upload :(

So I thought I'd throw up a couple of pictures
Nothing much but it's from the start. So I guess you could say its a start of a blog almost :)
Here's mine in front of our poor unknowing donor (at my place)
1369601703381.jpg

I compared the heights
1369601693882.jpg

Then took a picture of the wheel choice. They came with 4 new/nearly new tyres. They were cheap so they'll do :p
1369601712797.jpg

Think I'll have to do it that way
Had this problem a while ago... now its back. I "don't have permission to view this page or perform that action"

Back