• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

hoodedreeper's Nissan Micra

i would have put some noise in it,but the wind distorted alot of the exhaust noise though :(

Should be getting a smoothed boot this coming sunday courtesy of Claire!

Smoothed boot and new Spoiler went to the Sprayers today

Fitted my colour coded door handles today:

DSCF7966-B.jpg

DSCF7965-B.jpg

Looks ALOT better :)

I was thinking of colour coding them but that wont be till the future as money is extremely tight at the mo! After the smoothed boot it'll be no modding untill i get a new job :(

remove the side strips..cost nothing to do, and looks better than colour coding them imo will look even better without them the side skirts are fitted.

no is the same (only diffrent if the car is white or red as the paint has faded over time), the car is painted then fitted with the trims. on some cars there are holes for clips etc, or some cars are painted with the trims on! but the micra is painted first and there is no holes etc as they are justed glued on.

Ah right,so only thing i've gotta worry about is colour fade? lol

not even that..your colour wont fade...as red isnt laquered and white fades because its white lol, once off just give it a polished and you wont beable to tell...but dont rip them off lol slow and steady wins the race :p

not even that..your colour wont fade...as red isnt laquered and white fades because its white lol, once off just give it a polished and you wont beable to tell...but dont rip them off lol slow and steady wins the race :p

the colour will fade slightly, but after a polish, you'll hardly be able to tell,when i fitted my march rear number plate cover, you could still see where the old handle had been, even after an industrial polishing machine was used. but you could only tell if you knew to look for it.

Just a small update:

The 16VALVE stickers have now been removed and the bump strips removed.Getting the glue off is a real chore :( Managed to get a rear quarter panel all cleaned up :) Will try and get a pic

Yeah the glues a right pain in the ass!
But stick with it, looks so much cleaner without the strips IMO. How did you find the colour underneath - any difference at all?

colour underneath looks the same,then again i did start doing it about 4:30pm yesterday LOL

With abit of t-cut and some polish it should match :)

LEDs look the best IMO..

Or get clears, and get some tint made up to your car's colour.. I think it's most laquer with a bit of your colour in it, garage would most probably have to mix it.

Where's the debumpstripped pics..? :p

I'm having some trouble with removing the glue.Last week i was un able to buy Tar & Glue remover.Managed to get some adhesive remover from Halfrauds but havent had a good chance to use it.Hoping to go over to my mate's this week and get it off with his Tar & Glue remover (hes a valeter so hes got all sorts of solvents)

so they blend in to the body work? Nah i think it looks abit chavvy sorry.I've seen some cars around this area who have done that and it looks horrible!

see youve started to remove the side rubbing strips :p needs in-lights tho (my random made up name for painted black headlights lol.

yeah started to remove the strips,going over to my friend's this saturday to use his toffee wheel and get the remainding glue off with Glue & Tar remover :)

Black headlights are on my 'To-Do' list :p

Got them off ebay for about 17 quid i think?

Rear Lights are done but not to the result i was hoping,nevermind ey:

DSCF7975.jpg

DSCF7973.jpg

DSCF7974.jpg

Side Repeaters now fitted:

DSCF7976.jpg

DSCF7977.jpg

Well...to be honest they're bodged on for the time being.MOT runs out in 2 weeks and dunno if i need to remove them cos they're NOT e-approved :(

I've got orange bulbs tho,so should be alright?

Oh dear, gives you an excuse to buy the Nismo one off Amy with the brake light in it if he still has it though doesn't it.

wrap looooads of insulation tape around the bulb holder and take the bulb holder to the repeater.Then used double sided sticky foam to attach the repeater to the wing.

After my MOT i'll be doing it proply with a proper sealant to stop water getting in

wrap looooads of insulation tape around the bulb holder and take the bulb holder to the repeater.Then used double sided sticky foam to attach the repeater to the wing.

After my MOT i'll be doing it proply with a proper sealant to stop water getting in

why not file the hole bigger to fit the repeater better?

Back