front fogs

I just got off the phone from my local Nissan dealer (I asked about rev counter clocks), and they can only search by registration or chassis number, so any results from either would come up with the wrong part. I would expect to pay a shed load for a new set though so perhaps I dodged a bullet.

Ha!

In your collective faces, Nissan Dealership!

Got one off eBay for £12.

*waits*

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

So...the stalks...

Here's the back of the Micra stalk:

temporary-31.jpg

...and the back of the Almera stalk:

temporary-32.jpg

I was thinking that connecting the top wire to the top terminal (no.5) might stop the headlight issue...hmm...

But I'll wait for the relay first, in case it's the absence of the relay that makes on headlight not work with the super stalk...

So....today I visited my friendly neighborhood auto-electrical shop and they furnished me with a relay...

temporary-33.jpg

...so, when I got home, I stuck it in the empty socket, swapped the indicator stalk for the Almera one and hey presto.....nothing....in fact, it made one headlight turn on and blew the offside headlight and rear light fuses...

For the sake of F!

*depressed face*

Oh dear. Have you rewired the stalk correctly?

I've tried it in the standard way (like in my earlier photo) and in every possible combination (other than wire 1, which is common to both types of stalk, so I left it alone...)

I can't think what else it could be...

Short out pins 87 and 30 in your fuse box where that relay goes with the old stalk fitted. You can always swap the relay with the same one in the fuse box on the top right side.

...on a separate note....if I was going to wire a switch instead, where's the best place to run the leads through the bulkhead?

I'm thinking through the grommet near the passenger footwell...then underneath and across to the blank on the right side of the steering wheel...

Last edited:
Tonight, I am a very happy Magpie...

I decided to forget all that fancy indicator stalk nonsense and wire up myself a switch...tapped into the light green wires that run down to each foglight, made myself an earth by cutting down a bolt and fitting it in one of the holes in the bodywork (down near the battery compartment)...mounted a relay on the old bolt that used to hold the stock air intake and attached a nice illuminated switch to test it...

At first, because I'd taken the power for the switch from a light blue wire near the engine bay relay box, the lights didn't work but the switch made the windscreen wipers come on :eek:O

I had a mini panic.

Then, instead, I took the switch power straight from the battery and blam! There was a dazzling frontal light display! (by this point it was getting a bit dark and I was very cold)...

Tomorrow, I'll cable tie everything up, feed the switch cables through the grommet behind the glove box and stick the switch in the dash....oh, and the offside light didn't want to click back in (for some unfathomable reason), so I might need to muck about with that too....

There's no issue taking the switch power directly from the battery, is there? I can't think of any reason it won't be fine...

Anyways, I'm proper pleased with myself....and have cider.

I suggest you do the same :)

There is no issue with the switch wire from the battery if it's only activating the relay coil. You then should have a fused wire from the battery to the relay contacts to the fogs. Glad you sorted it. Ciders not my thing. I'll have a beer.

Yep...I have an inline fuse from the battery to the relay...

Thanks for your help on this, homes!

Oh...and you don't want to buy an Almera indicator stalk, do you? ;)

I might be lucky enough to have a stalk from a Micra SI on the way soon. Should hopefully be an easy fit. Glad you got yours working!

Oh yesssss....they're awesome!

temporary-35.jpg

Got up at 7:30 to get all the wiring fed through, wrapped and cable-tied up and the switch fitted...works beautifully...

Hahahaha....

It might be Satan's stalk....but it's still an Almera stalk so no different to any other Almera stalk....

Back