fitting k11 fogs

babyboom

Ex. Club Member
hey folks, i just bought the foglights for my 98 si, i went to fit them and noticed that i dont have the wiring from the loom to attach them, if i go to the scrappie am i just looking for the wire for the fogs? and is the wiring the same and all years?

i've already got the lamps, the indicator stalk, the wiring which goes from 1 light to the other, and the relay, is there anything else i need?

Check behind the drivers side headlight for a unused connector. Ems has one which we believe is for driving lamps or fogs etc, but isnt used as her car doesnt have any

I would assume the above is true, as the Almera is exactly the same.

In fact there are 3 simple steps to fit working front fogs to an Almera:
1) Put the fogs in the place holders (wiring is already there)
2) Fit the foglight relay in the empty fog slot
3) Fit a stalk with front fog control

And they just work! With any luck the facelift Micras would be like that :)

^I second that... you also need to Earth them... so get some wire out and do that... some people make the mistake or some do a botch job wiring them in DC... which kill the battery... if you have them wired properly they will only come on with side lights etc. and not alone.

if its nissan stuff then it will e like james has said but you might need to put a fuse in aswell but the way james has said is how nissan do it on all of the fog light kits on most/all models

well i fitted them today, theyre not wired up cos im having a little trouble changing the relay (i can't get the other one out)

Attachments

• Foglights.jpg
    Foglights.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 592
there is a ###### of a clip that holds the relays in, i think i got mine out with a flat screwdriver....

looks great tho ;)

there is a ###### of a clip that holds the relays in, i think i got mine out with a flat screwdriver....

looks great tho ;)

when i was telling my pal about the relay he says it should be the right one as i already have the fuse and wiring already there, i still aint wired them up yet, i'll do that tomorrow after work

^just make sure they have the correct bulb.. went to a scrappy to get some for mates pre face lift... the glass was fine but the wrong bulb! Sure you know though ;-)

No engine parts, and if you want say the driving lamps, you'd need to take the whole front bumper

ok heres the problem, i bolted them in and was having trouble getting the old relay out, but now only my passenger side headlight works and its stuck on full beam, the drivers headlight doesn't come on unless i put full beam on, i changed the bulbs but still the same, any help guys? why would it be like this without adding any wires, all i've changed is the indicator stalk nothing else

ok heres the problem, i bolted them in and was having trouble getting the old relay out, but now only my passenger side headlight works and its stuck on full beam, the drivers headlight doesn't come on unless i put full beam on, i changed the bulbs but still the same, any help guys? why would it be like this without adding any wires, all i've changed is the indicator stalk nothing else

pretty sure there shouldn't be a relay in there already. should be an empty slot

The indicator stalk may have different connectors on it, which is why its all going a bit wrong? Dont quote me on that, they are on the K10.

Also Craig, if the facelift bumpers have the holes in place for lights, why would u want the whole bumper? Id personally just take them out and leave the bumper behind. Would most likely be the wrong colour anyway

The indicator stalk may have different connectors on it, which is why its all going a bit wrong? Dont quote me on that, they are on the K10.

I know that the k11 stalk is a must have for the fogs to work as the fog switch is on it etc... surely the k10 has a similar one? i.e. you cant have front fogs without the correct stalk?

ok next problem, i got the fogs working with the new indicator stalk but when i switch on the dipped beams the passenger side comes on high beam and the drivers side doesn't work at all, if i turn the full beam on the drivers side works, if i turn all the lights off and flash the lights only the drivers side works, can anyone explain this??? cos im goosed

if youve wired it all correctly then a thought would be... where did you get the stalk from? put your old stalk in and see what happens with the main beam and dipped lights... if they are ok then it could be the stalk... if not then its wiring.. kinda sounds like wiring though..

if youve wired it all correctly then a thought would be... where did you get the stalk from? put your old stalk in and see what happens with the main beam and dipped lights... if they are ok then it could be the stalk... if not then its wiring.. kinda sounds like wiring though..

yeah mate the lights work fine with the old stalk, im gonna try to get another stalk from the scrappies at the weekend to see if the stalk is faulty, if not then it'll be in to see an autoelec :(

Did the stock come with the lights?
All deff wired correctly?

Hmm - dodgy earth's?
Titch

yeap the stalk came with the lights, and its all wired according to the instructions i posted earlier, and the earth for the fogs, i scraped away the paint on the crossmember and used a self taper to srew it down

it sounds like the stalk isn't right for your car.although they lookthe same there was some differences between them. an autoelec should be able to route the wires correctly. but it may cost £££

Back