front fogs

In some cases the looms are there, but not always. Plus you'll have to fit the stalk with fog switch and the relevant relays to make it work ;)

Hello. I have recently bought fog lights for my K11 (2000-2003 face lift model). The lights did not come with bulbs. I have the new stalk with the fog light switches on and the wiring loom is already there. Can anyone tell me which bulbs I need to get for these fog lights and do they come with the bulb holders? I have attached a picture of the connecting plugs. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 395
mystique's have front fogs but those in themselves are hard to come by haha

can buy em new from the bay but your talking nearly 80-90 quid for the 2

I guess you could make a plate with a hole in the middle for another light to fit into, then just screw that into the slots on the bumper. Ghetto style!

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
I got a pair of Almera fogs from eBay for £20, posted...they were on at £25 or best offer, so I offered £10....and they accepted it! Boom..

If I just plug them in, will they operate on the same circuit as the rear fog light? Do I really need to change the light stalk?

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Ha!

I'm going to plug them in and see what makes them turn on...

...when they get here, that is.

cant have then with same circuit as the rear fog. youd get pulled immediately with the rear fog on. they might let you have the front ones as "driving lights"

I've yet to find this one out. I have the connector in my engine bay for the fog lights to connect to, but I have no idea how they're switched on. I still need to find the cabling to go into the back of the units anyway, and I need new bulbs so it'll be a while before I know for certain. If someone doesn't find out sooner, I'll be sure to post my findings.

EDIT: On the subject of getting pulled over, I read somewhere that (if you do get pulled) you may need to prove they you don't have a method of individually switching the front fogs on and off. If you've got them on, and they inspect the car to find that there is a switch labelled 'foglights' with the symbol or whatever, then as far as they're concerned, they're foglights and it's as bad as having the rears on. If they come on with the full beams or sidelights, then it's a different story. I'm not certain on this one though, I just read it somewhere on some forum whilst trying to look up the subject.

Last edited:
iirc the facelift fogs are driving lights anyway?

Not 100% sure on that all I know is that my year the 200 1st facelift its 100% fogs :)

If you have a second facelift, then someone in my blog said that they were driving lamps. If that's the case then once connected they should just turn on with the main beams.

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
I do indeed have a 2nd facelift....and, if they are, as you say, driving lights... then this excites me greatly (no...not in that way....ewww....)

They are known as driving lights on the second facelift. If you want them to operate as intended you will also need a blue relay and the correct lighting/indicator stalk. This has an extra position on the rotary switch. The driving lights will come on as long as at least the sidelights are switched on. As they are only driving lights you can have them on all the time if you so choose. Make sure you aim them correctly. Hope this helps.

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
...even if the relay is fitted, the lights won't come on?

This makes me has a sad.

Where would one obtain such a magical relay?

The relay is a standard one that can be got from another micra. Thats not a problem. The lighting stalk is difficult to get hold of. Have a look in your fuse box. And no they won't work. It's a separate circuit the front/rear lights.

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Luckily, I went round my kitcar-building friend's house for curry last night...and left with a goody bag! WIN!

temporary-29.jpg

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
You could but you would have to tap into the loom behind the stalk.

Right, Mr @Agent_Sm1th

I've managed to get me an Almera stalk for £15 (delivered)...I presume that the front fog relay off the 2001 Almera is going to be identical to the Micra one...and, with both fitted, there should, in theory, be light?....

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Ok...so, update on this...

The Almera stalk went on in minutes but it doesn't operate the offside headlight...which could be due to the wiring on the back...so, I'm going to re-wire it in different ways until all the normal lights work correctly...

On the relay subject...it's a weird little 15A one that I can't seem to find anywhere...hmmm...any ideas?

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Hahahaha....the local Nissan dealer want £39.14 plus VAT for one!

Massive lol.

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk