can you guys explain the difference.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Between s1-2 lx micra and the super s is the super s just better bumpers sun roof or is it electric inside. What is the difference in series 1 and 2 anyone got pics of the differences.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
life coach WROTE:

"I can explain the search function if you'd like?

Sean

Bahahah, gold :p

Anyhow, i'll start writing a page on the wiki about this. I promise i'll make it public soon - just been lazy about sorting out issues with user accounts. Might just do it anyway..

---dens

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hello SikK11,

The Super S has the following advantages over the LX model. Mechanically they are otherwise identical.
- ABS
- 13" Alloy Wheels
- Sun Roof
- Better Seats
- 40/60 Split Fold rear seats (4 door SLX has these also)
- Rev Counter
- 4 Wheel disc brakes.
- Only available in Manual
- Driving lights and different bumpers
- Rear spoiler

The differences I am aware of between the Series 1 and Series 2 K11 micras are ;
- Different radiator grill
- Fuel flap release lever near drivers seat was replaced with a simple key lock on the fuel flap on all Series 2 cars
- Driver's footrest was added to all Series 2 cars
- Changes to the colours of door panels and trim (including a green background for the instrument cluster for Series 2 Super S).
- Series 2 Super S fitted with 4 spoke 13" alloy wheels.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
life coach WROTE:

"I can explain the search function if you'd like?

Sean

Thanks but i will just read the helpfull post below cheers bud.

makes WROTE:

"Hello SikK11,

The Super S has the following advantages over the LX model. Mechanically they are otherwise identical.

- ABS

- 13" Alloy Wheels

- Sun Roof

- Better Seats

- 40/60 Split Fold rear seats (4 door SLX has these also)

- Rev Counter

- 4 Wheel disc brakes.

- Only available in Manual

- Driving lights and different bumpers

- Rear spoiler

The differences I am aware of between the Series 1 and Series 2 K11 micras are ;

- Different radiator grill

- Fuel flap release lever near drivers seat was replaced with a simple key lock on the fuel flap on all Series 2 cars

- Driver's footrest was added to all Series 2 cars

- Changes to the colours of door panels and trim (including a green background for the instrument cluster for Series 2 Super S).

- Series 2 Super S fitted with 4 spoke 13" alloy wheels.

Thanks alot mate that is all i needed to know. Means mine is a series 2 lx. It has the footrest and the key on the fuel door. Thanks mate much appreciated.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Series 2 are the same as series 1.

Just some slightly different trims and fittings.

Nothing major really. Apart from a LACK of Lucas electronics. Everything replaced by Bosch (and some with mitsubishi ECU's).

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
makes WROTE:

"Hello SikK11,<BR><BR>The Super S has the following advantages over the LX model. Mechanically they are otherwise identical.<BR>- ABS<BR>- 13" Alloy Wheels<BR>- Sun Roof<BR>- Better Seats<BR>- 40/60 Split Fold rear seats (4 door SLX has these also)<BR>- Rev Counter<BR>- 4 Wheel disc brakes.<BR>- Only available in Manual<BR>- Driving lights and different bumpers<BR>- Rear spoiler<BR><BR><BR>The differences I am aware of between the Series 1 and Series 2 K11 micras are ;<BR>- Different radiator grill<BR>- Fuel flap release lever near drivers seat was replaced with a simple key lock on the fuel flap on all Series 2 cars<BR>- Driver's footrest was added to all Series 2 cars<BR>- Changes to the colours of door panels and trim (including a green background for the instrument cluster for Series 2 Super S).<BR>- Series 2 Super S fitted with 4 spoke 13" alloy wheels.<BR>

- Series 2 headlights have a seperate screw in spot for the parking light buld, series 1 need to remove the rubber guard as if you were removing the headlight bulb. (So I discovered when i was stripping a S2).
- Series 2 does not allow "plug and play" for a tacho dash cluster... an extra wire needs to be run from the ECU or the Dizzy to the cluster.

Super S has plastic trim all the way up to the rear windows.
Super S has pop out rear windows

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
makes WROTE:

"Hello SikK11,<BR><BR>The Super S has the following advantages over the LX model. Mechanically they are otherwise identical.<BR>- ABS<BR>- 13" Alloy Wheels<BR>- Sun Roof<BR>- Better Seats<BR>- 40/60 Split Fold rear seats (4 door SLX has these also)<BR>- Rev Counter<BR>- 4 Wheel disc brakes.<BR>- Only available in Manual<BR>- Driving lights and different bumpers<BR>- Rear spoiler<BR><BR><BR>The differences I am aware of between the Series 1 and Series 2 K11 micras are ;<BR>- Different radiator grill<BR>- Fuel flap release lever near drivers seat was replaced with a simple key lock on the fuel flap on all Series 2 cars<BR>- Driver's footrest was added to all Series 2 cars<BR>- Changes to the colours of door panels and trim (including a green background for the instrument cluster for Series 2 Super S).<BR>- Series 2 Super S fitted with 4 spoke 13" alloy wheels.<BR>

Super S is a waste of money only good thing is the look and its rare other than that its nothing special over normal micra.

ABS-good to have but cost alot to fix especially since they are old car now
13" Alloy Wheels-hard to get performance tyre for cheap. 14" cheap nowadays plenty of tyre available. Need it if your gonna upgrade brake anyway.
Sun Roof-tend to leak and rust around the edge just have to replace the seal every few years. Make you look like an idiot trying to open one up considering its a manual stick. Wish they make it electronic from the factory.
Better Seats-colour code blue i believe make interrior look nice. Dont know about support for your back tho. Bet its just same seat to normal micra just retrim differently.
Rev Counter-nice unique to super s
4 Wheel disc brakes-nice to look at but not really better than normal drum rear.
Bumper and spoiler on super s - cosmetic look nothing practical. Light on bumper of super S is wired to high beam from factory so have to rewired it if you plan to use on regular basis. Take my word its a bitch to change the light bulb on them bumber have to come off every time.

Back