Difference between 3dr LX and Super S??

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

I've been wondering what are the difference between the 2? How to tell if the car is a modded LX (with rpm guage and rear disc brake conversion done etc) or a real super S??

Also what are the universal parts on a 5dr jdm march, that can be used on a 3dr LX?

Pls help...

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
A real Super S has sunroof and ABS system. IMHO they are the two things least likely to be found on a modified LX.
Although when you get right down to it unless it matters for insurance purposes then it does not matter a lot in the real world as both use the same engine and gearbox.
If you had the time and lots of money you could make an LX look like a Super S. Assuming you could find all the Super S panels/Trim etc.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
Heaps of things are different... Mipcar pointed out the most obvious ones. More than half of the interior is too. Also if they have rear brake conversion they would need a hydraulic handbrake(easy to spot).

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"A real Super S has sunroof and ABS system. IMHO they are the two things least likely to be found on a modified LX.<BR>Although when you get right down to it unless it matters for insurance purposes then it does not matter a lot in the real world as both use the same engine and gearbox. <BR>If you had the time and lots of money you could make an LX look like a Super S. Assuming you could find all the Super S panels/Trim etc.

Thanks for the pointer mate ;)

The reason I asked is becos I've bought a 3dr micra off a dealer recently. The car was registered as a 3dr LX model. However, My car comes with a sunroof and rear disc brake... Dunno about the ABS though...

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"Heaps of things are different... Mipcar pointed out the most obvious ones. More than half of the interior is too. Also if they have rear brake conversion they would need a hydraulic handbrake(easy to spot).

How does the interior of a Super S looks like? Any picture to tell the difference???

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"Also if they have rear brake conversion they would need a hydraulic handbrake(easy to spot).

What are you on about? If you took everything from a Super-S (including the cables for the handbrake), why after doing the conversion would you suddenly end up with a hydro handbrake? Trust me, I've done the conversion before, and there's absolutely no difference between my LX with rear disc and Super-S with its standard disc rear.

Radiolite22: The Super-S and LX models are models created by Nissan Australia - there may be some overlap with models overseas but there's absolutely no guarantee that the models over in Singapore, even if they have the same model name, will have the exact same specs as the equivalent model over here.

The ABS module will look like a large box between the battery and firewall with a bunch of vacuum hoses attached to it. Additionally you could also check the front struts to see if the ABS sensor lines are there as well.

---dens

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
Radiolite22 WROTE:

"mipcar WROTE:

"A real Super S has sunroof and ABS system. IMHO they are the two things least likely to be found on a modified LX.
Although when you get right down to it unless it matters for insurance purposes then it does not matter a lot in the real world as both use the same engine and gearbox.
If you had the time and lots of money you could make an LX look like a Super S. Assuming you could find all the Super S panels/Trim etc."</div>

Thanks for the pointer mate ;)

The reason I asked is becos I've bought a 3dr micra off a dealer recently. The car was registered as a 3dr LX model. However, My car comes with a sunroof and rear disc brake... Dunno about the ABS though...

I had a look at a green one in Sydney recently advertised as an LX and it was definitely a Super S.

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"mycra WROTE:<BR><BR>"Also if they have rear brake conversion they would need a hydraulic handbrake(easy to spot)."</DIV><BR><BR>What are you on about? If you took everything from a Super-S (including the cables for the handbrake), why after doing the conversion would you suddenly end up with a hydro handbrake? Trust me, I've done the conversion before, and there's absolutely no difference between my LX with rear disc and Super-S with its standard disc rear.<BR><BR>Radiolite22: The Super-S and LX models are models created by Nissan Australia - there may be some overlap with models overseas but there's absolutely no guarantee that the models over in Singapore, even if they have the same model name, will have the exact same specs as the equivalent model over here.<BR><BR>The ABS module will look like a large box between the battery and firewall with a bunch of vacuum hoses attached to it. Additionally you could also check the front struts to see if the ABS sensor lines are there as well.<BR><BR>---dens

Thanks alot mate for the answers ;) Perhaps the car I got may end up to be a Super S!! Haha

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
hotfunk67 WROTE:

"Radiolite22 WROTE:<BR><BR>"
mipcar WROTE:<BR><BR><BR><BR>"A real Super S has sunroof and ABS system. IMHO they are the two things least likely to be found on a modified LX.<BR>Although when you get right down to it unless it matters for insurance purposes then it does not matter a lot in the real world as both use the same engine and gearbox. <BR>If you had the time and lots of money you could make an LX look like a Super S. Assuming you could find all the Super S panels/Trim etc."</DIV><BR><BR><BR><BR>Thanks for the pointer mate ;)<BR><BR><BR><BR>The reason I asked is becos I've bought a 3dr micra off a dealer recently. The car was registered as a 3dr LX model. However, My car comes with a sunroof and rear disc brake... Dunno about the ABS though..."</DIV><BR><BR>I had a look at a green one in Sydney recently advertised as an LX and it was definitely a Super S.<BR><BR>

Any links or picture of that car on sale? Maybe I can get a reference from there...

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
super s shell has threadholes and slots for r/windows(popout)and int trims which cover all the way around rear window opening, boltholes for rear split seats, also has 2 relay boxes in the engine bay instead of one,
i have a LX which is slowly recieving all the bits and pieces of my sup s wreck, alota bits fit and a few dont. I am gonna attempt fitting the ABS with the rear discs soon
If when u unbolt the rear windows and the threads are factory not modded, u probably have a sup s, if u dont even have popout windows, its a LX

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"mycra WROTE:

"Also if they have rear brake conversion they would need a hydraulic handbrake(easy to spot)."</div>

What are you on about? If you took everything from a Super-S (including the cables for the handbrake), why after doing the conversion would you suddenly end up with a hydro handbrake? Trust me, I've done the conversion before, and there's absolutely no difference between my LX with rear disc and Super-S with its standard disc rear.

Radiolite22: The Super-S and LX models are models created by Nissan Australia - there may be some overlap with models overseas but there's absolutely no guarantee that the models over in Singapore, even if they have the same model name, will have the exact same specs as the equivalent model over here.

The ABS module will look like a large box between the battery and firewall with a bunch of vacuum hoses attached to it. Additionally you could also check the front struts to see if the ABS sensor lines are there as well.

---dens

i was talking about using adapter plates and fitting front disk and caliper setup to the rear when you upgrade the fronts. tell me dens how can you have a cable to that setup?? the amount of trouble you go through best way is to use a hydro one. ''Trust me, I've done the conversion before....''

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"super s shell has threadholes and slots for r/windows(popout)and int trims which cover all the way around rear window opening, boltholes for rear split seats, also has 2 relay boxes in the engine bay instead of one, <BR>i have a LX which is slowly recieving all the bits and pieces of my sup s wreck, alota bits fit and a few dont. I am gonna attempt fitting the ABS with the rear discs soon<BR>If when u unbolt the rear windows and the threads are factory not modded, u probably have a sup s, if u dont even have popout windows, its a LX

I dunno much about threadholes or where they are located... but my car do have rear popout windows and 2 relays inside the engine bay (one is located near the battery and another near the power-steering reservoir)..

Am I on the right track to say that my car is a Super S??

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"deNs WROTE:<BR><BR>"
mycra WROTE:<BR><BR><BR><BR>"Also if they have rear brake conversion they would need a hydraulic handbrake(easy to spot)."</DIV><BR><BR><BR><BR>What are you on about? If you took everything from a Super-S (including the cables for the handbrake), why after doing the conversion would you suddenly end up with a hydro handbrake? Trust me, I've done the conversion before, and there's absolutely no difference between my LX with rear disc and Super-S with its standard disc rear.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Radiolite22: The Super-S and LX models are models created by Nissan Australia - there may be some overlap with models overseas but there's absolutely no guarantee that the models over in Singapore, even if they have the same model name, will have the exact same specs as the equivalent model over here.<BR><BR><BR><BR>The ABS module will look like a large box between the battery and firewall with a bunch of vacuum hoses attached to it. Additionally you could also check the front struts to see if the ABS sensor lines are there as well.<BR><BR><BR><BR>---dens"</DIV><BR><BR>i was talking about using adapter plates and fitting front disk and caliper setup to the rear when you upgrade the fronts. tell me dens how can you have a cable to that setup?? the amount of trouble you go through best way is to use a hydro one. ''Trust me, I've done the conversion before....''

Peace mate... ;)

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
heres a bit of a checklist,

1.spotties in front bar
2. tacho dash
3. doorcards cover to window
4. sunroof (factory with winder)
5. popout windows
6. interior trims around rear windows
7. sportier front seats
8. 4w disc brakes and ABS (wirin loom?)
9. split rear seat
10. sup s rear bar
11. skinny bumpstrips
12. sup s mud flaps
13. 2 relay boxes (wiring loom?)
14. 3 prong steering wheel
15. intermitant wipers

I realise some of this stuff u need another LX or photos to compare, and maybe your car came from japan and then was badged micra not march??, or was different for ur local market, then it would have a small numberplate holder type f/bumper, wouldn't it

post photos

Back