What Have I Done?!!!

hi, urgent hepl required! i recently had the age old problem with the K11 throttle body/air meter, so i came on here and sought help. i found a guide which explained how you can re-solder the dried out connections, great i thought.......

did this today and i've managed to make things worse! the tickover is perfect and it stays around 1k revs and constant, which it wasn't before. i took it out for a spin and oh my god!! it seems as though it hits a rev limiter at 2.5/3k revs. everything just shakes and jerks about. i pulled back into the driveway and it cut out. i switched it on again and tried revving with my foot flat to the floor but it still only goes to 3k revs.

anyone got any ideas?? i'll try most things now. i might just have to bite the bullet and try and find a new(er) one. cheers in advance for any help. thanks

it sounds like the car isnt getting the reedings from the MAF sensor in the throttle body, so you may have fried something... at 3krpm the computer takes over, and if its not reeding anything then it wont work....

you may have to go and pinch one from a scrappy....

Thanks!

i must've bee a bit heavy handed with the soldering iron!!

i've found a throttle body in what appears to be good condition at the scrappy, but it's from a 1.0l & mine is a 1.3l. will it be ok or do i need to find one from a 1.3??

cheers, Jon

i must've bee a bit heavy handed with the soldering iron!!

i've found a throttle body in what appears to be good condition at the scrappy, but it's from a 1.0l & mine is a 1.3l. will it be ok or do i need to find one from a 1.3??

cheers, Jon

They are the one and the same :p

it sounds like the car isnt getting the reedings from the MAF sensor in the throttle body, so you may have fried something... at 3krpm the computer takes over, and if its not reeding anything then it wont work....

you may have to go and pinch one from a scrappy....

Not quite, the car is in limp home mode. The ECU doesnt take over at 3K its always in total control. It just allowes you to move it if the airflow meter breaks but limits the car in the process.

Rightly said however, new airflow meter will fix the problem.

Victory!!!

just thought i'd post an update and thank everyone (and the site) for their input! i managed to find a tb from the scrappy for £20. first three bolts came out fine but the 4th threaded....d'oh!! i had to cut through it with a junior hacksaw, which took almost 2hrs.

however, i got it out and into my micra......i'm back on the road!! amazng difference, no stalling etc. only worry i've got now is the working tb came from a car that'd done 80k, so we'll see how long it lasts! cheers

well done mate, that tb should do ok, i got a car thats done 130k and still on the original TB, its luck of the draw....

Back