what did you do to your micra today ?

woulda thought to remove any of the belts is just a basic 14mm spanner to loosen the pulley axle nut and then 12mm socket to screw up/down the tensioner to move the pulley & loosen the belt?
There is no tensioning idlers at all on the second facelift 1.0's.

For the alternator belt, there's an adjustment mechanism on the alternator so the alternator itself sets the tension.

I think I can see a tensioner bolt on the back of the PAS pump, similar to the one on the alternator but I'd need a really thin wrench to get at it.

For the alternator belt, there's an adjustment mechanism on the alternator so the alternator itself sets the tension.

I think I can see a tensioner bolt on the back of the PAS pump, similar to the one on the alternator but I'd need a really thin wrench to get at it.

on mine, the auxilary belt tensioner is under the PAS, just have to remove the inner splash guard & wheel for better access, loosen the pulley nut with spanner and adjust the tensioner from beneath.
haynes explains it all

Last few days :-

- Got the front roll cage feet welded up - see blog for more www.mattendean.co.uk
- Removed the now out of date seats, cleaned them up and now provisionally sold them :)
- Cleaned up the floor, whilst the seats are out and then re-sealed up holes in the floor pan. Also cleaned up other bits which are hard to reach, when the seats are in.
- Played around with lots of camera mounting points for my cheap (but good) GoPro copy camera. Think I have sorted it now, if I can find a way of flipping the images as the camera would be mounted upside down in its current planned location.
- Painted and waxoil'ed up the areas which were welded up.
- Played around finding suitable mounting points for the race rain light, think I have sussed this now (hidden in bumper), and tried mounts for a LED high level 3rd brake light.
If you're using the sj4000 or sjcam as your GoPro copy, then there is a menu setting to flip the image 180deg. You can then mount it upside down but your recording will be correctly orientated.

Without wanting to start a fresh and overdone thread about dash lights how many T5 sized LED's do i need to do the clocks and heater controls in a k11c non rev counter.. I searched and searched and cannot find an answer, Grrrr lol

There is a tensioner idler on the second facelifts with aircon. The alternator on these is fixed.

Without wanting to start a fresh and overdone thread about dash lights how many T5 sized LED's do i need to do the clocks and heater controls in a k11c non rev counter.. I searched and searched and cannot find an answer, Grrrr lol
They're T10 for the heater controls. I'll have a look tomorrow for you as I've got a non revcounter dash in the garage. Unless someone gets back to you earlier.

Thanks mate, i have just seen the 'kit' for changing them says it comes with 8 bulbs but it doesn't specify how many are T5 and how many are T10 so i will keep looking for info until you get back to me thank you :)

Thanks mate, i have just seen the 'kit' for changing them says it comes with 8 bulbs but it doesn't specify how many are T5 and how many are T10 so i will keep looking for info until you get back to me thank you :)

I used 2 x T10 for heater controls and 5 x T5 for dash.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

There is a tensioner idler on the second facelifts with aircon. The alternator on these is fixed.
So your second facelift would be like this?
Screen_Shot_2015_08_08_at_08_33_45.png

I edited the image in the service manual to what mine is. I wonder why there are so many variations.
Screen_Shot_2015_08_08_at_08_33_56.png

to solve the vertical video syndrome? some handy edit features in ytube
I think I need to mount my new camera upside down, and YouTube has a very simple and easy to use rotate function, where you can turn the video through 90' L or R, two clicks right and it is sorted. I suspect i could alter the camera set, but I will use it other places too. This is very simple so will use the YouTube Function.

I think I need to mount my new camera upside down, and YouTube has a very simple and easy to use rotate function, where you can turn the video through 90' L or R, two clicks right and it is sorted. I suspect i could alter the camera set, but I will use it other places too. This is very simple so will use the YouTube Function.

ahh so no more need to reprocess em through our slow old PC video editing software, just do it via youtubes cloud services :)

Created a wanted add but more people come here.....

Help!!! Putting my engine back together and I seem to have lost the 3 long bolts that hold the thermostat part to the head, not the thermostat housing as such but the 90deg bit. See photo for clarification! Any one have some spares, or recently blown up a cg engine?? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 291
Created a wanted add but more people come here.....

Help!!! Putting my engine back together and I seem to have lost the 3 long bolts that hold the thermostat part to the head, not the thermostat housing as such but the 90deg bit. See photo for clarification! Any one have some spares, or recently blown up a cg engine?? Thanks in advance
I got spare bolts mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I COULD NOT MAKE THIS UP IF I TRIED AND I DID NOT DREAM THIS!
Today has been surreal I had been working on Steffi Cab all day and at about 7.00pm decided to cruise down St Peter Port town with obviously Steffi's top down with Shakira blasting out "What ever Where ever", drove down a one way street called St Anne's Place and the road was mobbed/blocked (estimate 100+) by wedding guests overflowing from The Old Government House Hotel, mostly posh totty who stopped me and started dancing in the road around me and they would not move!:p:p

I played another song which was "Freak", then out of the blue Jenson Button appeared sat/lent on Steffi's bonnet to a roar of laughter (there must be pics of this or selfies somewhere) Jenson used to live in Guernsey! After "Cry Wolf" by AHA and "Blurred Lines" they let me go! I know my taste in music stinks but that's all I had lol! o_O

I have since been told apparently Jenson and David Coulthard were over for a wedding in Guernsey?? o_O

Andy :D:D
Tax Haven Guernsey

6b9710dab4814cd034e002b81738abe7.jpg
2ce30e4fe244fa33f1118088db9841db.jpg
107392f04931876fe1e3ba57f14e0e7b.jpg
3b5c5878c8a952f87352abfd9957e69e.jpg
423db2088aa6aaf7a2699a5f782fe965.jpg
moved the battery to the boot and used my Micra battery holder cleaned and painted, spot welded the tray in place and it's very strong and defo a mot happy

Done loads this weekend, will write it all up in the blog later. But found some dreaded rust, roughly in the same place (but underneath) where Azzydot has fitted his battery. Now treated it with two coats of krust, only surface rust at the moment, so hopefully this will keep it at bay. Another advantage of doing post event bolt checks, oh an finding a front caliper bolt loose...!

Oh and I am thinking of writing to the Krust people and suggesting they start offering a full dip bath option or full under spray option with Krust for Micra owners.... Great cars, but they do love to rust...

Finished the Barcud rally last night!
Got 28th overall(of 75) and 2nd in class (of 18) :)
Not bad for the smallest capacity car, all 1275 :D

Cleaned it, oil and filter change, rocker cover sealed, wheels balanced, brakes cleaned, gear return spring fixed new bumper being trial fitted :D new doors trial fitted, sub woofer refitted resprayed the floor (no carpet :D) and, now for the really hard bit, sticker added to the o/s/r window! ;P

Oh and I am thinking of writing to the Krust people and suggesting they start offering a full dip bath option or full under spray option with Krust for Micra owners.... Great cars, but they do love to rust...
No rust on mine Super, nor on my last one. :D both after 2000 so they may have cracked it by then.

Done more, but found the reason for the gear change issues which has been around on the last few events. As normal it was the joint front the shifter to the g/box. I found that the bolt holding this on was 7.09mm dia. and the hole 8.09mm dia, leaving about a 1mm for wobble room. I found a M8 bolt which was 7.89mm and then increase this to about 8.05mm, with a few wraps of silver tape. I then removed the other part of the joint, by grinding away the pressed bar, i then did the same using silver foil tape trick to get it all up tight.

Not driven the car yet, but the whole mech feels a LOT tighter, with now no play all in the system, and all it cost me was a bit of time a bit of silver foil tape and a bit silver paint which i used to paint the shifter bar.

[Q UOTE="Azzydot, post: 728036, member: 15800"]What's it like to have a 2,0 turbo Micra anyone ?

Like a micra but faster[/QUOTE]
I mean handing would be Diffrent and will be super quick, what about declaring things with dvla ?

I COULD NOT MAKE THIS UP IF I TRIED AND I DID NOT DREAM THIS!
Today has been surreal I had been working on Steffi Cab all day and at about 7.00pm decided to cruise down St Peter Port town with obviously Steffi's top down with Shakira blasting out "What ever Where ever", drove down a one way street called St Anne's Place and the road was mobbed/blocked (estimate 100+) by wedding guests overflowing from The Old Government House Hotel, mostly posh totty who stopped me and started dancing in the road around me and they would not move!:p:p

I played another song which was "Freak", then out of the blue Jenson Button appeared sat/lent on Steffi's bonnet to a roar of laughter (there must be pics of this or selfies somewhere) Jenson used to live in Guernsey! After "Cry Wolf" by AHA and "Blurred Lines" they let me go! I know my taste in music stinks but that's all I had lol! o_O

I have since been told apparently Jenson and David Coulthard were over for a wedding in Guernsey?? o_O

Andy :D:D
Tax Haven Guernsey

UPDATE:

Was told that last night they held a big pre-wedding party at the OGH Hotel and the wedding was held today in Castle Cornet which is situated on a causeway off St Peter Port Harbour and that Jenson's manager lives here in Guernsey, also up at the airport there was some big Biz Jets parked up! :)

Andy :D

Ours is a '95 car so is now 20 years old, so rust is not that surprising at that age, and the shell has done a LOT of work and all that work does help the rust due to the flexing of the shell with the stresses and strains that events puts on the shell.

Blog is now updated : www.mattendean.co.uk

Ours is a '95 car so is now 20 years old, so rust is not that surprising at that age, and the shell has done a LOT of work and all that work does help the rust due to the flexing of the shell with the stresses and strains that events puts on the shell.

Blog is now updated : www.mattendean.co.uk
Can image the rust is like a biscuit mines a 93 and took so much to take it all out new sills and floor

Here's my little green poop, my first actual (road legal!) car. I'm currently still learning to drive though but I've done 300 miles in it and I've only had it two days haha, I love the thing already.

IMG_20150809_152706610_HDR.jpg IMG_20150809_152721320.jpg IMG_20150809_152735542.jpg

Mechanically its spot on, all the sills are perfect, the only real trouble is its had a front end knock which has moved everything all over the place. The bonnet is rusting through though, so I'm going to have to get a new one of those and I need to do some welding in the boot.

Tomorrow I'm going to start stripping her down and assessing for any further issues lurking away!

Like a micra but faster
I mean handing would be Diffrent and will be super quick, what about declaring things with dvla ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
You need a headed letter from Nissan or a reputable local garage to confirm the new engine size in cc and the new engine number. I got my letter from Nissan just to be sure. Then you need to fill in the correct section on your V5 and send it off.

You need a headed letter from Nissan or a reputable local garage to confirm the new engine size in cc and the new engine number. I got my letter from Nissan just to be sure. Then you need to fill in the correct section on your V5 and send it off.[/QUOTE]
Can't I get it from my mot guy ? His a Mechainc, and a welder, can he do the filling in? I have never owned a engine swap so asking

Back