Overheating issue

I have this engine off nissan march ... jap import :doh:
Ecu fom micra

lol maris :doh: i had the same with my japspec engine, the temp gauge went off the scale within about 1 mile (but the thermostat was nackered anyway)
and when i changed the coolant sensors the gauge worked ok

lol maris :doh: i had the same with my japspec engine, the temp gauge went off the scale within about 1 mile (but the thermostat was nackered anyway)
and when i changed the coolant sensors the gauge worked ok

:doh: ... would regular micra sensors would be fine than ?

i think so yeh, when i mentioned it to baguete the other week he said they,re different sensors :eek:

Yes, they are different, but can be swapped.

would march ecu solve this problem?

March ECU will fit, because i tested a european ECU on my March and it worked, so the inverse would work too i think. But the problem is on the cluster, has different reading because of different sensors on the engine.

Just dont know if bouth sensors needs to be changed.i think just that one with one wire. Do i have to change thermostat? I was checking it, it opens in hot water.

Just dont know if bouth sensors needs to be changed.i think just that one with one wire. Do i have to change thermostat? I was checking it, it opens in hot water.

I think that you just need to change the gauge sensor (one wire). You can change the thermostat just to be sure...

i had overheating, i changed matrix thermostat and radiator, it was probably the radiator
and a small air leak in the system can cause this.

So... some job done. changed that 1 pin sensor, put new thermostat , adjust chain as frank gave picture. Car works sweet. No overheating now. I think that headgasket change were big mistake :down: , which led to huge time waste, and around 100 GBP money wise. that 1 pin sensor cost around 5 quid.

Back