My Car

N

Nismo_K11_998

i have been searching this site and cant yet find a place to put my car details so i thought and put them here

my car is a 98/P white 5dr k11, in the second version with the black grill surrounds, its quite a clean car, theres a little dent in the NSF wing, and a large fag burn in the rear bench seat but other wise its clean. its a 998cc, with a universal induction kit, that i fitted with custom mounts and throttle piping i made myself, otherwise the engine is standard,
the interiors mainly standard other than a momo action gearknob, and a stupid air freshener my girlfriend wont let me bin (its got a teddy stuck on it). exterior wise, i have a set of 14in tsw stealth wheels i got of of a toyota corolla (except i buckled one and as yet have been able to find another or afford a new set, so the rear wheels have been swapped for nova three spokes i had in my shed), the rear badges have been removed, the door mouldings have been removed, and i've got some blue led things in the grills and bumper grill.
ice wise i have got a 4 series kenwood headunit, 330w 3 way pioneer 6x9s, kenwood 300 watt 3 way 6in door speakers, and these are powered by a 330 watt and a 210 watt amps. i havent got a sub cos i want the boot space and to be honest it doesnt need it, i am after a kenwood changer tho.

i think thats about it, i have lots of work in the pipe line, like removing the horrible aerial and hiding a new one behind the front bumper, meshing the front grills and bumper grill and welding together an exhaust of some kind, and then cleaning up a few little bits that have been niggling me for ages.

one thing i will say tho is that my mates laughed when i bought this car, and to be honest so did i, but on of my mates has already wrapped his astra round a tree trying to keep up with these down some country lanes, and another has scraped his xr2i because it failed its mot on rust, whereas this has no gone thro 3 mots in my ownership and never needed a retest, in fact its never given me any greif other than brake pads and tyres.

Sounds good, however there is a K11 section! Im sure this will be moved there.

Also if you can, stick some pictures up!! you can host some on http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload!

Will that ariel thing behind the bumper work? My ariel closes down into the wing (K10) and will not pick up as much as when it is up... I thought the ariel had to be in the air to pick up the signals...

How did you get corolla wheels to fit? I thought the center bore was to small. Or is it the fact that they are custom!fwn

the aerial i have is one of those coil ones, like a mile of wire coiled into a foot long aerial, it was a friends idea he did it on his mk2 cortina behind loads of metal and mine is only blopcked by a little bit of plastic, and they both work fine, plus the car looks great not having a 3 foot piece of bent metal hanging out the roof like it used to be,
as for the wheels no corolla rims dont fit a micra, nor do nova ones, the stud patterns line up but the spigot on the hubs is to large for the centre hole of the wheels, so i got out a die grinder (its like a cross between a drill and a file and a grinder serious weapon of a tool) and i ground out the centres, admittedly its not really the right way to do it, and i could have had it done on a lathe but that would have cost to much and i was careful to do a good job, and they fit perfectly,
i will try and gets some pictures up at some point in the not to distant future

Back