knocking noise on full lock on pass side??

Finally, my mot is pass so there are only two errors. They fixed it straight away.

Passenger seat is not right position and also nearside gaiter's clamp is a bit loose.

Knocking noise is still there so I think mot tester didn't notice it. Anyway, I am going to find a good second hand drive shafts as skinner said.

Still I need to change new parts such as new battery, belts, water pump and full service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet. Making really awful cracking noises when turning right. Been busy recently so haven't booked it in yet.

Edit: ****. That was 2months back? Maybe next week

Not yet. Making really awful cracking noises when turning right. Been busy recently so haven't booked it in yet.

Edit: ####. That was 2months back? Maybe next week

yea it was 2 months back lol. i tried to change both new cv joints so it was ok for a week. a week later, it was start to have knocking noises. i think i already damaged these drive shafts or these drive shafts could be slightly damage. i need to get two good second hand drive shafts so i hope it will be work or not. you need to sort your mot and knocking noise problem asap.

Ah. I'm useless at doing anything DIY. Got a quote of 70 to swap the cv joint which isn't too bad considering the parts are 35 quid roughly.might get the whole drive shaft done to be safe.

i like to do something with hand practical. before i bought my micra so i looked up over this forum to find these problems and guides. i read and learn repeatedly all the time. £70 is not that bad though. i paid this price to my uncle before who fixed my one of cv joints.

by the way, dont do guessworks because you will waste your money and time effort. it was happen to me alot which is not good. i need to stop doing these guess works. personally, i think you should change another good secondhand drive shaft if you don't fix it for long time. if you notice something wrong then you must fix these problems straight away. for me, i am so stupid who want to fix it later on. i need to stop doing this. anyway good luck with your mot mate.

Ah. I meant book in for the Cv replacement. My mot is May :-D. The bottom bolt on my mount support has come loose again now so ill get it booked in really soon as its making all sorts of funny noises now.

Mines going in tomorrow for a new CV Joint. I shouldn't need to have the tracking redone again will I?

it will be better to do re tracking again so you wont get any problems in a long term. For these cv joints swaps, i dont think so or it can be if you want to do re tracking again.

Took my k11 in for mot last month (Aug 2023). It needed new front passenger side shock and both CV boots replacing, both rear brake pipes also. Got all fixed and undersealed with mot pass for £300 which i thought was ok. But when i got the car back it had the knocking noise when turning right. CV joint gone. Cost another £90 for that too, but driving well now. Hope it doesnt need the other side doing next year🤣🤣.
Not sure what they did when putting the new shock in, probably banged the CV out with a hammer?

by the way, dont do guessworks because you will waste your money and time effort. it was happen to me alot which is not good. i need to stop doing these guess works. personally, i think you should change another good secondhand drive shaft if you don't fix it for long time. if you notice something wrong then you must fix these problems straight away. for me, i am so stupid who want to fix it later on. i need to stop doing this. anyway good luck with your mot mate.

Back