knocking noise on full lock on pass side??

are they? lol i've already changed drivers side that was completely shot when i had the car haha, that ones got a slightly bigget center nut haha :p

are they? lol i've already changed drivers side that was completely shot when i had the car haha, that ones got a slightly bigget center nut haha :p
if you change the passenger side one with the correct one too, then you,ll be fine :p and yes some c/v,s have a 30mm nut and some 32mm (same thread tho :))

Hi guys, I got another problem. It starts click noises when I turn. Both sides got cv spilts and dry greases so it's been for almost two months now. I know I should change both new cv gaiters before (which will save the money and avoid getting it damage later on.)

Is my driveshafts and cv joints are damage? How can I check if they are damage or not? I was thinking to get new cv gaiters on both sides.

Any advice please

Thanks
Jk

Hi guys, I got another problem. It starts click noises when I turn. Both sides got cv spilts and dry greases so it's been for almost two months now. I know I should change both new cv gaiters before (which will save the money and avoid getting it damage later on.)

Is my driveshafts and cv joints are damage? How can I check if they are damage or not? I was thinking to get new cv gaiters on both sides.

Any advice please

Thanks
Jk

Can anyone tell me please?

Yesterday, I turn both ways so there is no noises. (Not full locks) If I turn backwards with left and right then t will start knock noise. If I put full locks on both ways then it will knock noise.

I am planning to go to Coventry to see my brother and also pick up parts from someone. Is it safe to drive on the motorway? I got only three weeks left until mot. And also I don't have break down cover as well.

Thanks
Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

what sort of noise jk ? constant clicking ?

It's not rapidly fast. I count sometimes so it about 4/5 clicks. Sometimes don't make noises. ( if only slow approach on every turns)

I am thinking to put new gaiters. It's about £16 on both sides. (Euro car parts) I may get universal ones from local auto shop which is cheaper one. These cv joints was new from last year. Are these bearings worn out? Is it good idea to put new gaiters so I will save the risk from long motorway journey?

Thanks jk

My make a funny noise on full lock but only in reverse....
When going forward they make no noise on full lock... I trust mine to make long journeys. Its very rare I'm on full lock on a motorway

My make a funny noise on full lock but only in reverse....
When going forward they make no noise on full lock... I trust mine to make long journeys. Its very rare I'm on full lock on a motorway

yea, most of them are on reverse full locks. Sometimes i turn in corners too. I can't trust mine because it was happen in mid summer so i dont want to risk it cos of my cousin. He was driving to wales from few years ago so his car's wishbones and parts around from driver side's hub were snapped. It was on the fast lane so he managed to skid from fast lane to hard shoulder. (its about 7micras length.) It was absolutely shocked so he is lucky guy.

what do you think that i need to do?

thanks
jk

I'd firstly suggest check your cv boots.
Regardless if they're intact or not. Just unclip them and check how much cv grease you have in each.
Top them up if necessary. They don't need much at all. I only use 4/5 tablespoons in total
Clip them back up. Take it for a run and let the grease get around and try again.
If the symptoms are still the same it may possibly be that you need new cv bearings. Easier and cheaper to buy complete driveshafts

I'd firstly suggest check your cv boots.
Regardless if they're intact or not. Jist unclip them and check how much cv grease you have in each.
Top them up if necessary. They don't need much at all. I only use 4/5 tablespoons in total
Clip them back up. Take it for a run and let the grease get around and try again

yea, that is what i am thinking but these cv gaiters are split! is it going to be ok then? or i can change with universal gaiters. I think its £4 each. I am going to my town centre now so i will find out about the prices.

thanks

jk

Hi guys, I need a help badly.

I changed new gaiter on the driver side. It was ok to remove this driver side cv joint.

I tried to remove this passenger side so this driveshaft came out and lose all these gearbox oil. :(

This grease are solid so I managed to remove these solid grease. I can't take this cv joint off?

Can anyone know please? I got work at 6 so auto shop will be close today at 4. I got 1 hour left to do it. Otherwise I will miss my shifts from today until Monday.

Cheers
Jk

u5yre7an.jpg

6ypuzepu.jpg

apu5uma7.jpg

were your eyes open when you were hitting it jk ! ? i had 1 that did,nt want to let go a while back, you may as well fit another shaft mate

In first round, I was. I close my eyes before I hit on these right position. I try hard, harder and hardest so finally, it came off now. I managed to break this cv joint.

I lost all my gearbox oil. Do I need to get 75/90 of 3 litre?

In first round, I was. I close my eyes before I hit on these right position. I try hard, harder and hardest so finally, it came off now. I managed to break this cv joint.

I lost all my gearbox oil. Do I need to get 75/90 of 3 litre?

I use 10w40 engine oil. Far cheaper

Yea I use 75/90 gear oil

I tried to fill up so it takes so much time to go there. I stop everything cos I am at the work now. I will do tomo.

I don't know why this gear oil are very slow to go through speedo cable.

Any suggestions?

ahhh bad luck mate

through cable or through cable gear box plug

I have done some works in my work. It's sorted now but gear oil is low ATM.

I tried to remove cv joint so this driveshaft just came out itself. I was like panic cos I lost about 2l gear oil everywhere.

I tried to fill up with gear oil so I has to stop to fill up with gear oil. I am at the work now.

Is it normal that gear oil will go through speedo cable for slowly times?

I done some stupid mistakes now. It's still knocking noise. :( These driveshafts are slightly worn out so frank is right. ( I should get new driveshafts.) There are some problems in my GX so I can't afford to fix these problems. It won't be longer to fix my GX. :( I will drive this GX until mot expired which is in two weeks time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys its been for long time. My Mot was expired last Friday. These noises are still drive me so mad! I think these driveshafts are wreck so i need to get two new whole driveshafts. Does anyone know where can i get two please? I checked on ebay before so it looks like replica/fake to me so please tell me where can i get driveshafts. i will make new thread now. thanks

Hi guys its been for long time. My Mot was expired last Friday. These noises are still drive me so mad! I think these driveshafts are wreck so i need to get two new whole driveshafts. Does anyone know where can i get two please? I checked on ebay before so it looks like replica/fake to me so please tell me where can i get driveshafts. i will make new thread now. thanks

JK is it just the CV joints your wanting to replace?

Ive always got mine from Eurocarparts & have never had any problems with them. They came with the rings for ABS but it makes no difference

On the drive side, i use used cv joint so i replaced new gaiter. (this used cv joint was knocked for almost 3 months ago) I should change new whole cv joint. i made my mistake.

On the passenger side, i use new cv joint so i replaced new complete cv joint kit. (this used cv joint was so hard to remove this out. i banged with my hammer everywhere lol.)

Right now, its still knocking noise. i think it from passenger side. i will have a quick test tonight in asda car park. I think these inner cv joints are wreck. i don't want to buy separate parts so i just want to get two complete drive shafts with cv joints too. I checked with euro car parts so they dont sell micra k11 drive shafts anymore. I will need to have double check with them.

Right now, its still knocking noise. i think it from passenger side. i will have a quick test tonight in asda car park. I think these inner cv joints are wreck. i don't want to buy separate parts so i just want to get two complete drive shafts with cv joints too. I checked with euro car parts so they dont sell micra k11 drive shafts anymore. I will need to have double check with them.

Two new complete shafts with CV's will cost you a fortune! You could got for 2nd had whole units from a scrappers but you have the risk of them being duffers again!

Swopping CV's is a straight forward job, to get them off the shafts & save smashing it all over the place with a hammer take your time, i use a screwdriver to get the little retaining clip even then one knock normally dislodges them :)

PS dont forget to check the bottom ball joint (hub) & the track rod joint too any of these could knock under steering.

I just spoken to well known euro car parts staff in my local. he said that they re-stock again so its £68 each. (cv joints is £40 each :eek:) I know its an expensive so if i get two new drive shafts then i will save my time and less work too. scrappers will ask for two for £100. i hate scrappers man. i think i will get from euro car parts.

ball joint hub and track rod joint? huh? thanks i will have a look tonight.

shall i book new mot now? i need to drive this car tonight somewhere and dont want pull up by police.

thanks

I just spoken to well known euro car parts staff in my local. he said that they re-stock again so its £68 each. (cv joints is £40 each :eek:) I know its an expensive so if i get two new drive shafts then i will save my time and less work too. scrappers will ask for two for £100. i hate scrappers man. i think i will get from euro car parts.

ball joint hub and track rod joint? huh? thanks i will have a look tonight.

shall i book new mot now? i need to drive this car tonight somewhere and dont want pull up by police.

thanks

So a full shaft with 2 CV joints is £68 where as a single CV is £40? :confused: That really doesn't sound right

yea i know. these prices are frequently up and down all the times.:rolleyes:

my car dont have abs drive shafts so i will have special request order from euro car parts. (need to go to my local tomo)

Back