How many wires in rubber gromet in tail gate.

Hi how many wires should there be in a rubber gromet in the tail gate. 1live to the heated rear window, 1 live to the wiper motor, 1 live to the number plate lights will there be 3 earths as well ?. thanks in advance.

The gromet is at either end with a piece of rubber pipe in the middle so no body knows how many. I was guessing at 3 and all the earths come from the car body. Thanks.

So nobody knows i gonna say 4 lives + 4 earths 1 heated window 2 rear wiper 3 number plate lights and 4 stop light on parcel shelf any advances.

may have 2 diferent lives (coming from relay and who knows, and a bunch,,,,maybe 5+ other odd ones
i seen theys 2 fat wires together maybe the 2 lives running with the loom

and the latch switch for the boot light. i'll grab haynes soon to check, too cold at the moment.

top of my head (demister, stop light, reg lights, latch switch, wiper, think there was a ground wire too)

I got a broken wires in the loom there seems to be alot of wires for 3 items but thanks for your help.There no boot light in my car and the stop lights go through the car.

I got a broken wires in the loom there seems to be alot of wires for 3 items but thanks for your help.There no boot light in my car and the stop lights go through the car.

boot light plug is probly their behind every thing,,,,,,,,,,, this is a scrapys 10 min job to get the loom you need,it unplugs,,,,,,,

both ends boot loom
Photo0335.jpg

Thanks for the picture but that the boot loom i am talking about the tail gate top right hand corner can that be disconnected like the picture.

yeh unplugs ,a few clips then pulls out both ends from the rubber grommet
and your boot light plug would be their, just need the light and screws to fit

Back